Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

24 minutes ago, PWB said:

Kissing cousins.

Just got my first big body Pontiac that I always wanted!

SJ 400 with floor shift/console.

Still not enough leg room - ugh

Whoa.JPG

Back in the late 70's-early 80's I had a 1977 SJ 400, 2-tone silver and dark metallic grey with a red leather interior. It had all the options and it could really smoke those tires. With all of that power it still got 25mpg on the highway. I loved that car and today it is still my favorite. Had to sell in 1982 as I was getting married and one of our cars had to go. Sadly, mine was the one.☹️ 

Bill

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PWB said:

Just got my first big body Pontiac that I always wanted!

Hubba-hubba!  :wub:  I have always liked those too!  A '69 - '72 GP would certainly look good in my garage.  You do have a knack for finding 'black beauties'!  Where did you find that one?  Did it come with the honeycombs?

2 hours ago, PWB said:

Thanks

She was on Hemmings find of the week. PO put the honeycombs on but they are a heavy, noisy and unbalanced PITA.

I need a wheel solution as she is my daily driver.

I never cared for the honeycombs myself. My 1977 had the rally wheels with trim rings. I always liked those. i wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a set.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riviera63 said:

I never cared for the honeycombs myself. My 1977 had the rally wheels with trim rings. I always liked those. i wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a set.

Bill

I kinda like the honeycombs. Huge part of design is the mimicry of nature.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, PWB said:

I need a wheel solution as she is my daily driver.

Well, you know that Pontiac also had 'turbine' style wheel covers available for those cars...

That would enhance the Buick/Pontiac bookend theme you have going!  ;)

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1

If you have any cast aluminum wheel covers send them to me and I’ll recondition them. 

All cracks aluminum brazed or TIG welded. ALL new 18-8 stainless studs. New grade  8 flange nuts with nylon lock. Webs powder coated. The back of the cover is powder coated. The rest of the cover cleaned, polished, and buffed out. Just like this:

Or buy a set, one, 4 whatever 

3D4143D6-6113-4FE4-AF6A-5CE1700514E2.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Well, you know that Pontiac also had 'turbine' style wheel covers available for those cars...

That would enhance the Buick/Pontiac bookend theme you have going!  ;)

s-l300.jpg

Thanks. Perfect.

I am tieing the Riviera theme!

I can’t find a good set in 15”.

Plenty of 14” out there.

• Like 1

I just bought two 68 Riviera's to add to the stable. Of course they are too small to drive.

They are Buick dealer promotional models. I believe they are 1/24th scale models.

One of them will be repainted in the near future to match The Aqua Zephyr! 

I will then display it on top of the air filter canister. 

20190127_085934.thumb.jpg.190917b2859cb7227d087f65bb863322.jpg

20190127_090107.thumb.jpg.5c4b31a79b279a186abb398d42c93d4e.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 3

New ROA meet t-shirts I had printed at Vistaprint. The wife and I will be styling!

No, I am not going to be selling any at the meet.

The car graphic was done by a graphic artist, Bob Carnahan.

His website is: https://teechip.com/stores/therivieralounge or http://www.flattrackstore.com/. He sent me the graphic files so I could

create my own t-shirts but he can print designs on just about anything you want.

The Riviera logo graphic was created by me using a photograph of one of the door panel emblems and editing everything away except

for the logo itself.

Riv-t-shirts.thumb.jpg.aa66317e09fe9c0b29ae5d59880e239b.jpg

• Like 3

It's 4.5mm think Acrylic (Poly Methacrylate) with a slight green tint so as to blend with the Buick green. I love the way I can see what's going on with my 2 x 4's (i.e. how my choke is working...)   Always get positive comments. Great way to show off your nailhead and 2 x 4's. If you want to revert to the original it's so easy.

My Riv has A/C but I removed the compressor as I never drive my car when real hot. We don't have many hot and humid days in South-East Australia. Also without that huge compressor makes the engine bay much cleaner. And I have easy access to ALL my spark plugs!

Cheers

Tom K

• 2 weeks later...

If you make an Air/Cleaner housing out of Acrylic make sure that the 2 bolts are of just the right length so a to bottom out in the carby body. That way you don't have excessive pressure on the acrylic (which may splinter if you count only on the compressive force of the bolt head to the acrylic) Place a grommet under the head of the bolt to provide some take-up. 

Cheers

TomK

Couldn’t resist. This is a “cars on the coast” event held at Port Noarlunga, a southern seaside suburb with a nice bakery and parking. Was just coming from our local “coffee and cars”@ Victor Harbor, on the way to the airport.  The photographer snapped the photo as I drove in, pretty late in the morning. Only Riviera there, and only Buick too!

287F4FA0-3579-4E0C-A199-2115322A19F7.jpeg

7207C26C-6F4C-4768-8925-7F20A5037187.png

• Like 5

I took The Aqua Zephyr out on a 50 mile circuit through cotton country to stretch her legs. What started out as a pleasure cruise turned into a hunt for new photo locations.

I found a few new spots and shot some quick shots with my Samsung cell phone. I applied gray scale filtering to some of the images.

I think most of these images are pretty good for cell phone shots!

An abandoned service station, Parkton, NC

20190302_161256.thumb.jpg.8b8019791157088119732a16c233b71b.jpg

Parkton Presbyterian Church ( a guy stopped in the middle of the street between me and the car and asked if it was for sale. I politely said "No" and thanked him for asking.)

20190302_154633.thumb.jpg.20adbcd11fbe3cca36b6fc741badb707.jpg

This is a long, corrugated sheet metal covered building in Parkton, NC. The neutral colored wall were begging me to take some pictures next to the building!

20190302_155956.thumb.jpg.cc92062c4651556149602d6d3dac950d.jpg

20190302_160223.thumb.jpg.e9029a8ceb0dda258a3320c901936d97.jpg

20190302_175256.thumb.jpg.9783d3923aaa8b6deae1539babb0a7d1.jpg

An interesting group of storage containers near Raeford, NC. 

The silos are actually all the same height, but the angle between myself and the silos is making it look like they get progressively shorter to the left.

20190302_163421.thumb.jpg.d4cf6215ba02f4c6580d605fd6b9621b.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Someone challenged me to edit the black and white and color versions of this picture together.

I was up for the challenge!

I think the results are very good!

1292862582_OldServiceStationBW-Colorcombo1.thumb.jpg.53090fbc19b427e195b9b30d0293fd0e.jpg

Awesome! My favorite so far.  Nice work.

Hang this one behind the man-cave bar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rivdrivn said:

2A1DEAFD-3F60-4B0D-A035-B385E73D2E0F.jpeg

A good example of the Gran Sport with the Gran Sport wheel covers that were part of the A9 Gran Sport option.  Not too many came like this; most buyers ordered the optional Formula Five (rally) wheels in addition to the Gran Sport option.  I think it's nice to see one every once in a while that's not just like everyone else's.  Nothing wrong with the rally wheel, this is just different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

Beautiful car and stance!

Thanks. It’s a completely original, stock suspension. Not lowered, just sagging a bit, I suppose.

Painted by my team working out of a local junk yard

9 hours ago, RivNut said:

A good example of the Gran Sport with the Gran Sport wheel covers that were part of the A9 Gran Sport option.  Not too many came like this; most buyers ordered the optional Formula Five (rally) wheels in addition to the Gran Sport option.  I think it's nice to see one every once in a while that's not just like everyone else's.  Nothing wrong with the rally wheel, this is just different.

Ed, you know, I try never to just blend in. If a task can be made more difficult and the outcome more distinctive, I’m a sucker everytime. Glad you and others appreciate the extra effort.

• Like 1