Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

Here is my 71 Riviera. Just picked it up 5 days ago. I had a 71 Riviera about 15 years ago, I was young and dumb, didn't pay my parking tickets in NYC and the car was taken away. I have always wanted to make it right, this is my redemption. 

IMG_6527.JPG

IMG_6540.JPG

IMG_6552.JPG.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr Jones

New member here of this forum from Australia - having purchased this today.  I have been a ROA Member for some time but have been  inactive as I waited for the right car.  Originally purchased by Rose Piper of Hollywood California, this car was imported to Australia in 2009. The car is mostly original, except for a repaint last year, which I am told was not really necessary, but the owner was fastidious.  It has AC, recently restored, and cruise control, otherwise it has few options.

He and the previous owners are collectors, though I intend to use this  as a wedding car as well as for my photography business. It has 43,000 original miles.  I have been looking for a first generation for over a decade and it happens this gentleman was selling his whole collection as he downsizes living arrangements. Lucky me!  

Riviera Front Light.jpg

Riviera Front.jpg

Riviera Interior.jpg

Riviera Rear.jpg

Riviera Wheel.jpg

After eight long months since my accident, this is where the shop has mine today. They want to redo a spot behind the tire; looks like a body line, so they have to take it down and reblock sand and repaint that section. Whole car still needs jambs painted, a cut and buff, and reassemble. Gettin closer; I am wanting to drive BAD.

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2181_1502149157334.jpg

520803824.jpg

520478981.jpg

20170725_164729.jpg

20170805_142141.jpg

20170805_142154.jpg

• Like 5

Sir, may I ask who your insurance company is? In the horrible event I wreck my 63 Riviera I want to make sure I have good coverage.

( Muscle Shoals- mighty fine music came out of that part of the country) I happened to get to play a tune or two with a gent named T-Bone Montgomery from Muscle Shoals. Right nice fellow and great singer song writer.) Yes, Sir - a lot of American Music history was made there at Muscle Shoals.

Red Riviera Bob

oh, it looks like your body shop knows their business shown in your pictures. Good luck!

• Like 1

Right now, I have State Farm, but I will probably choose Grundy once it's fixed, since they have no mileage limitations. 

You're right about Muscle Shoals; great music from here. Gregg Allman recorded his last album at FAME Studios, due to be out next month. His late brother, Duane, as you probably know, was a session musician there for everybody from Boz Scaggs to Wilson Pickett.

Thank you on the insurance information. I've been a music hound since I was a boy. I don't know as much as some about the music , but more than most.

Good luck with your Riv. Like I said it shows the shop knows what they are doing. Up here( central Maryland), if a shop can get the $$$$ they want, they won't take the job.

• Like 1

Picked up this 63 from a fella who lived in Myrtle Beach. Came with a manual that said it was a lease car from a place on Hollywood Blvd. Code says it was made in Flint...a real LEAD sled. Guy before me butchered the suspension. Heated up the coils, didn't cut em. I've got tie rods, sway bar, knuckles and lower control arms off. Got my work cut out for me. This is my first car older than 92 and I already love/detest her. Just joined the aaca.

riv9.jpg

riv14.jpg

riv15.jpg

riv16.jpg

• Like 2

Got a 3" lowering kit from Jamco. They sent the crumby springs not the Bilsteins so that's a bummer. New wheels are American Racing Wheels with Coker 4 7/16" white walls. Lots of fuzzy wiring. Handles and locks were all shaved. No sign of the vacuum operated trunk latch in the dash but it does have an FM radio hanging in the passenger side. I've got a front disc conversion from Wilwood with a booster and a proportioning valve. AC no worky, all windows go up and down pretty smooth. Not much left of the rag joint, going to need some serious assistance in that neighborhood.

riv1.jpg

riv2.jpg

riv3.jpg

riv4.jpg

riv5.jpg

riv6.jpg

riv10.jpg

riv11.jpg

riv12.jpg

riv13.jpg

Yeah I've been looking for a few years but never had the money. I moved out to northern Georgia about a year and a half ago and this one was close by. The fella who sold it to me said it was solid and that he'd drive it anywhere. Picked it up on a rainy day. Couldn't do a solid inspection. My lady was following me home and semi drifted into my lane and I got on the brakes. Spun her around 2.5 times in the middle of rush hour on 575S. Scared the pants off of us both. She pulled right under normal driving and hard left during braking. Got lucky twice that day I guess.

I'll be sure to join ROA today. I see they are in Denver. I spent the last 7 years and change in the front range of Colorado but we live in Waleska, GA now. I see there is a meetup in Ocala, FL which is where my parents live now so we'll probably be checking that out this winter.

6 hours ago, Sleep said:

Yeah I've been looking for a few years but never had the money. I moved out to northern Georgia about a year and a half ago and this one was close by. The fella who sold it to me said it was solid and that he'd drive it anywhere. Picked it up on a rainy day. Couldn't do a solid inspection. My lady was following me home and semi drifted into my lane and I got on the brakes. Spun her around 2.5 times in the middle of rush hour on 575S. Scared the pants off of us both. She pulled right under normal driving and hard left during braking. Got lucky twice that day I guess.

I'll be sure to join ROA today. I see they are in Denver. I spent the last 7 years and change in the front range of Colorado but we live in Waleska, GA now. I see there is a meetup in Ocala, FL which is where my parents live now so we'll probably be checking that out this winter.

Congrats, looks like a great start, and as Steve said, well optioned.

The ROA office is in CO, and there are a few relatively active Regions here and there across the country, actually one in GA too.

The Ocala meet was in May but Bob does do quite a bit if you are interested in attend in Florida. His next get together is Oct 21 in St. Augustine at the lighthouse, his contact info is on the website if you are interested.

On 8/21/2017 at 3:03 PM, steelman said:

Not mine, but saw this 63 at a show in Kansas Saturday. Just finished. Really nice car. Took home the Best Kustom trophy.

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

Absolutely beautiful.  Did he do anything to the hood?  He's the only other one I've seen running the batwing aircleaner, and getting mine to fit was a lot of trial, error, and customizing to get it to fit without cutting the hood.....

RIV4.png

Did not get a picture of the wheels, or look at the tire sizes. I think these are Detroit steel wheels, but again, not sure. The Mulvane Marauders bring about 30-35 cars to this show each year. Always win the Best Club trophy. I think the owner of this car is a member, but not sure.

Guest CareyB
On 6/4/2010 at 7:12 AM, bb1970 said:

I know you all have photos of your cars. Done or not. Show them off. Here is my '65.

wbb6456.jpg

DSCN1065.JPG

I recently had the brakes completely rebuilt on my 68 Rivi. I wanted to share a picture of the original drums after they were turned and repainted using high temp paint.

The front drums were primered then painted using high temp Aluminum color.

The rear drums were primered then painted using high temp Cast Iron color.

I think they came out looking pretty good!

The cars previous owner put some tire conditioner on the tires that turned the white walls tan. He said he tried to clean the tires

to remove the 'stain' but no joy. I used Bleche White a couple of times but still no joy.

Any recommendations on getting the WW's white again without damaging the rubber or the chrome plating on my wheels?

IMG_20170823_190626_675.thumb.jpg.132cd2ecf79e8bfbf972eb68485ba8e9.jpg

20170826_142429.thumb.jpg.f1f18933d85aa2b626547b8d33e3186e.jpg20170826_142439.thumb.jpg.221b33c0ce085c57fb56fd0fc9c0b9f4.jpg

New Master Cylinder painted with same Cast Iron color. I am thinking about masking off my brake booster and painting it with cadmium colored paint.

20170826_142218.thumb.jpg.8d9fc16a21bd6fb7134e2ac3e84057bf.jpg

Edited by NCRiviera (see edit history)
  • Like 1