Need 1950s car for wedding Nov 13, 2010 in Gettysbsurg

Guest lovebugjr84

Guest lovebugjr84

Hi everyone,

I hope that this is allowed and that I am not breaking any rules. I am looking for a car to rent for maybe half an hour for our wedding on Novermber 13, 2010 in Gettybsurg. We really just need the car for our exit pictures and a drive around the block. If you wear a black suit you could be the sole handler of the car. Our venue is unique in that it's the Majestic Theater, a theater restored to the 1950's era, as a result we thought it would be awesome if we could find a corresponding car.

I don't know how mush something like this would run or if anyone would be interested in something like this, but I really don't know where else to look. Any help is appreciated. You can email me at jolenenh@hotmail.com.

Don't be surprised at the rate for a commercial limo service renting old cars. Locally, the rate for a restored 1930 Packard is around $275 the first hour plus $100 each additional hour. I have been requested to drive my car at weddings but my insurance company will raise my insurance from $110 to $1,000 if I rent my car for events. If you are lucky you can find someone who will do it as a favor to a friend. I suggest you go to local car shows and to a local cruse-in as your best source.

lovebugjr84,

I just sent you an e-mail with a list of all of the regions/chapters in Pa. I just can't remember which group put on the AACA national meet last year in Gettsburg. But I bet you can from the list. :) Maybe someone will be willing to help you out with this.