1920 Dodge Brothers Truck Questions

Guest jbjork68

Guest jbjork68

I am a first time user of this, but I am looking for some guidance. I am a 25 year old that has recently pulled my great,great grandpas dodge out of storage and need some help getting it back up to snuff so I can take grandma for a ride. It has the four cylinder in it, and I want to change the oil in it but I'm not sure how many quarts it holds, and if I should use straight 30 weight? If anyone knows any of this info, or where I could get a book on it, that would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS JON!!

Jon,

Post in the Dodge Brothers forum as that probably gets more traffic than this forum.

Yes, Non-detergent 30W is the engine oil to use. The rough measurement is around 5 quarts - you should go by the float that sticks out of the block just next to the starter/generator. The top of the stick should be about .5 below the top of the cylinder casting. If you have two ticks marks on the block that is the high and low fill marks.

Contact some of the DB part suppliers for a reproduction of the manual. These are simple/durable motors. Just take your time and you should have lots of fun.