Finally new paint on my '65

bb1970

Thanks Ed, You should see it in the sun. The headlight motor crapped out just before I put everything back together. I am going to take it to Summit Auto Electric and see if they can do anything with it. I hope I can get it back on with the bumper on the car.

Wait a couple of days and see if Dave Gee won't show you what he did with the clam shells on his '65. It's a good set up if don't have to be 100% OE. If it's just the motor and not the arms, or the switches, a good auto electrical company could probably rebuild it for you.

Is the color a custom color or something from one of the auto companies? Tangerine Pearl???

Ed

Is the Prowler color code AVE? I have one of Die Cast Promotions 1:18 '64 Rivieras which I painted that color a couple of years ago. That's what got my curiosity peaked. I know what it looks like on a model but it's good to see what it looks like on an actual car.

The code is AVF. It is some expensive stuff. I priced it at the paint store. $158 a quart for Dupont Chromabase. Luckily the guy that shot it could mix it at work. With no mark up it didn't sting quite as much. Man Ed you aren't that far from me. Do you ever make it to any car shows or cruise nights around K.C., St Joe area?? I'm east of K.C. 30 miles. I'd love to meet at one and bullshit awhile. All my crowd are Chevy drivin' goons. I'm sick of Camaros and Chevelles. I still love early Impalas though.