Faded carpet

Guest ImperialNorth

Guest ImperialNorth

The carpet on either side of the spare tire compartment has faded, not sure why the lid for the spare tire didn't fade. My question is, is there any way of dying the carpet back to the original colour? If so where would I get the dye?

Thanks

Glen

Guest LouZ

I have not tried it; but I think the leatherique dye would work. The procedure of rubbing it in would be the way to go.. Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Another procedure that works fairly good is a mixture of liquid black clothes dye and vinegar. Wear protective gloves and brush in with a stiff brush and rub in well with another cloth, careful it splashes. Let dry and you should have no problems.

Bob

Guest ImperialNorth

Yes I don't think it would help my ginger coloured carpet.....lol. But thanks for the thought

Guest My TC Toy

OK, Glen, in your original post I could not distinguish back from black. I didn't think it was that long ago I had my glasses changed. You are perfectly correct, black dye would not at all acceptable for ginger carpets. But on the original thought I wonder if ginger liquid dye would work.

Bob

Guest BarelyFit

I was going to suggest a text to voice program for you guys, but it occurred to me ya probably cant hear very well either.