BUICK 401 Long Block For Sale

Guest alex X

Guest alex X

FOR SALE Buick 401 Long block. Recent rebuild (30 over) by Jacobs Engineering(San Diego) Turbo Hydro 400 Transmission included. From a 1965 Riviera. Yes, it was balanced and blueprinted too.

Motor includes: Carter AFB Carb, Original factory headers, double roller timing chain, distributor, starter, alternator, all brackets, pulleys and belts. The works! Perfect working order and compression. This set up is ready to plug in and go.

Rebuild cost me over $3k. Complete engine and transmission ready for your car.

$1800 or best reasonable offer.

I am located in Southern California, Call me for pic's, block # and all details.

No disapointments!

Alex PH # (831) 325 - 1594

Edited by alex X
Color added to for sale. (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465

Good price for what you have. Someone in SoCal should score it.

Curious though, what are you putting in that '65?

An answer should make this a fun thread.

Guest alex X

Wildcat465: Thanks very much for your reply. It was very comforting to have you say that I am offering the 401 engine block and turbo 400 trans at a good price. I really want to pass along this machinery to someone that loves these great cars as much as I do.

The economy here in California is so damn bad that most people just are not responsive to anything except a pennies on the dollar deal...

To talk about what I would put in the car: 425 with the dual quad manifold! No doubt. This 401 has plenty of hustle and more grunt than most, so I was pretty happy with the way it was.

Long story short, the car (1965 Riviera with working clamshells) was sent out(minus engine and trans) to a local paint shop and stolen. My Blood Red Rivi had 109,000 original miles on it! I would have to assume it is somewhere deep in Mexico by now.

Man, was I bummed out. I had that car for 25 years and had made all the plans to have it completely redone.

Life goes on. I appreciate every mile that I got to put on that car.

I would appreciate everybody's input as to where I can get this equipment sold. All ideas are truly welcome.

It was heavenly to drive a true American Classic.

Edited by alex X
bold and underline on getting everybody's help (see edit history)

Guest wildcat465

That is a sad story. I hope that it ends better somehow.

Maybe fate will put you into another fun Buick soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest kurtdaniel
FOR SALE Buick 401 engine Long block. Recent rebuild (30 over) by Jacobs Engineering(San Diego) Turbo Hydro 400 Transmission included. From a 1965 Riviera. Yes, it was balanced and blueprinted too.

Motor includes: Carter AFB Carb, Original factory headers, double roller timing chain, distributor, starter, alternator, all brackets, pulleys and belts. The works! Perfect working order and compression. This set up is ready to plug in and go.

Rebuild cost me over $3k. Complete engine and transmission ready for your car.

$1800 or best reasonable offer.

I am located in Southern California, Call me for pic's, block # and all details.

No disapointments!

Alex PH # (831) 325 - 1594

hmm,,it seems to be a nice offer..can i have some pics of it.?? Edited by kurtdaniel (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
Guest georgeforgetjr

Good evening Alex, just found the post . I need an engine for my 65. do you still have it ?. If so contact me @ E-mail georgeforgetjr@aol.com I would like to buy it if it is as you state. I am right here in RedLands, California.

• 9 months later...