Experts; Please Help

Guest tater

Guest tater

I recently acquired some unusual vintage auto accessories. The original boxes state "Lindberg Prop", "Give your car that striking new aero look!". They appear to be spinning chrome propellor look alikes.

Have any of you antique car experts ever seen or heard of these. I cannot find any information about them anywhere!

I would really appreciate any information you could impart!

Thanks so much:)

Unless I am badly mistaken this is the propellor used in the front of the grille in some 1951 and 52 Crosley Sedans, Wagons, and Convertables. I thought it was used on another make (Ford sticks in my mind) but I'm not sure. If you want to send me a picture with a ruler to show size, I can verify. If you look at the pictures on the Crosley Auto Club web site www.crosleyautoclub.com you may see a few.

• 7 months later...
Guest midnight340
I have also seen these on the bullet-nosed Studebakers.

The instructions that came with the Lindberg Prop states that they were for "1949 Fords and 1950 Studebakers". I am assuming that they were made around 1950.

Saw one for sale on ebay just today (that's how I found this old post on Google).

Y'all may be in too late an era--

In 1927, Chevrolet used the Lindbergh Plane "Spirit of St. Louis" as a Salesman Award, and also had offered some Accessory Radiator Caps.

Remember the timeframe of "Lucky Lindy" crossing the Atlantic Ocean -- Solo !!

Pinky Randall may be better verseds in addressing this option, but my memory of this is related to the 1927 Chevy Capitol AA Roadster I swapped to get from TRIMACAR in 1979, drove until 2007, and passed along to another local member of our AACA family here in the New Orleans area. It may be coming up for sale again -