Need part number and maybe a part

Barney Eaton

On my car with 16 way seats..... the power recline on the passanger seat has a black square plastic part that retains the switch and is held to the seat with 2 screws.

Mine is broken in half and I can only find one half......... I have searched the parts book but the part does not appear.

One clue, if correct I can read the end of a number molded into the part and it ends in _____ 6664 this may or may not be the part number of the part.

If someone has easy access to this switch/housing could you check the numbers molded on the back side and I will see if they are still available from GM Otherwise, I am in the market for the switch surround.

Guest re-reatta

Barney,

Mine also broke. I looked in the local "junk" yard and found a couple that were chrome plated on GM's from that era. Not a true replacement but only a real Reatta freak would know. I bought both switches and surrounds for $10.

If chromed plastic the chrome plating can be easily removed with any type of spray oven cleaner (even dollar store stuff), and then dyed/painted to the appropriate color....Please list the makes and models from which you found these housings for future reference for the forum....

Thanks,

Nic

Guest re-reatta

Nic,

I wish I would have thought to do that, but I opened so many car doors that day and I really can't recall what cars they were in. I know they weren't in Caddies. My guess is they were in higher end, loaded Buicks or Oldsmobiles around the late eighties or early nineties.