1990 Reatta Portfolio & Owners Manual

Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

Is there any value to a like new 1990 Reatta Portfolio and Owners Manual? The car is gone and I was going to put the manuals on eBay, but have no idea as to how to price them. Any help will be appreciated.

Guest Richard D

If it is complete I saw one on ebay about a month ago sell for a little over $200.00 I have also seen them at $300.00, hope this helps. I forgot to mention that the flashlights may have had the same batteries in them for many, many years and the batteries have turned into part of the flashlight making it stay dark forever.

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

Key is complete: flashlight, tire gauge, map, plastic keys. Did I miss anything ? Just the portfolio and owner's manual are common.

It also had a pen that said Reatta on it and a signed craftsman log. If it was a convertible it also had directions how to work the top.

Padgett has it right Key is complete

Also the small booklet kept in the same pocket as the map. basically telling the story of how the Reatta is made. I have a complete one... even has the service cupon booklet, and such goodies. :D I'll go through it, and try to post the complete contents on here.

A note on the flash light: once you disassemble the flash light, you'll find a sliver sleve. You can use a punch of other poking object to push from the light bulb side and probably puch the battries and such out the other end. then make a paste with water and baking soda and soak the spring and "L" shaped clip thing. Use a nylon brush to scrub the paste over all the parts, and wipe them clean. Reassemble with new battries, and hope it'll work!! :rolleyes:you might have to play with the clip and the spring to make it all work right.

Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

Thanks for the help, Mine seems to be missing the flashlight. Probably went to one of the grandkids. It has the Road Atlas, The book about how Reattss are built, The maintenance schedule, the pen, tire pressure guage and note pad. The Craftsman's log and one plastic key are still there. There is also a pen in the Owner's manual. I will probably list it on eBay Sunday night starting at $49.99.

Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

The pen with the Owner's Manual is in a plastic loop. It is a lightweight pen and is black with the same gold Reatta as on the pen and tire pressure gauge in the portfolio. I listed it on eBay to start Sunday afternoon. I also listed a shop manual to start Sunday afternoon.

It sounds like he has both versions. When the 1990 Reatta came out, it had a owners manual in a leather like folder with a pen. At some point, Buick changed to the zippered owners portfolio that contained the manual, pen, flashlight, tire gage, and other items.

Dealers were sent new owners portfolios to replace the earlier versions. If the car was still on the lot, then they added the new one (and may not have removed the first version....what were they going to do with it?) If the dealer/salesman were doing their job, they would send the 1990 Reatta buyer the new owners portfolio, or give it to them when they came in for service.

The attached picture shows the three different versions of the owners manual holder. We think the one with the silver "R" logo is the 1988 version, the gold "R" version is the 1989-1990 version, and the larger/thicker zippered version is the 1990-1991 owners portfolio that contains the pen, flashlight, and tire gage.

One additonal note. The 1990-1991 owners portfolio came in a sealed bag from a outside supplier. If you find one sealed, it will not have the "craftsman's signature log" sign-off sheet. That sheet was put in the car and the dealer was supposed to open the sealed bag and put the sign off sheet in place of this notice.........(see red "ATTENTION DEALER" picture)

post-30596-143138217383_thumb.jpg

post-30596-143138217385_thumb.jpg

Guest steveskyhawk

This is what the portfolio is supposed to look like.

The other picture is a nice Riviera being prepared for the 400 point judgeing at Ames Iowa.

post-53748-1431382174_thumb.jpg

post-53748-14313821742_thumb.jpg

Guest steveskyhawk

Interesting. That photo came with a group of other BMC photos that included pictures of a "prototype" Reatta convertible. It included matching painted mirrors and the rear reflector painted to match the body. The prototype didn't have the Reatta Script on the BSM.

Guest TwoDoorBuickMan

The Owner's Manual that came with my wife's 1990 Reatta was black. I believe we bought it in December of 1989. I have tried to attach pictures, but am technically challenged so they may not come through.

post-53806-143138217469_thumb.jpg

post-53806-143138217477_thumb.jpg

Guest steveskyhawk

Two Door,

What color is the paper manual that is contained in the black binder? My photo is of a prototype owner's portfolio or simply an extremely early photo.

The actual owners manual (not the simulated leather cover) is blue in 1990 and red in 1991.

The one Steve posted (item on far left) has a black cover and appears to be a simulated item as it does not have the same printing on the outside as production manuals.

• 7 years later...