Strange Car on EBAY

Model T Nick

I'll agree, it's a bizarre pieces of machinery...

I'm not sure any of those things aresteam-engines... don't see anything that looks like valve-gear.

My guess is they are either air-compressors and / or water pumps... maybe this was some sort of of tag-along sprayer rig ?

It appears that the rear axle is Hotchkiss drive, and is connected via shaft to a sliding-gear transmission which is, in turn, bolted to the front pump / whatver-it-is...

The two pumps mounted amid-ships seem to be run by chain from the rear wheels; there appear to be brass check-valves in the piping running from their heads...

Don't see any boiler or burner remnants...

???

I have seen some ancient agricultural sprayers ( on steel wheels ) where the wheels were geared and ran a pump, similar to the horse-drawn sickle-bar mowing machine... back in the days before we had shaft PTO bewteen tractor and implement, or even tractors for that matter...

Those bronze / brass check valves on the plumbing from the heads of the rear pumps are for liquid; they're not for air-tight sealing... at least by design...

I'm baffled... I don't see any profiles on the cylinder jackets resembling valve-chests... ???

Obviously it's a perpetual motion machine. The turning of the rear wheels powers the large diameter pumps in the rear which force air into the smaller diameter front 2 cylinders which transmit power via the driveshaft to the rear wheels. Just give it a push and away you go....

I came across that vehicle this morning, took a bunch of pics, and started the thread, "Can anyone identify the pictured vehicle?" DAVE A responded and let me know that this thread had already been started. I have more pics, if anyone wants to see additional details.