rain drops

Bhigdog

Here's a hypothetical judging question. Supposing that at a show there is a brief rain shower shortly before your class is judged. Everyone else in your class gets thier car dried off before the judges arrive, but for whatever reason, you do not. Will you get gigged for the rain drops on your car or is it treated as an act of God with no deduction?...............Bob

This happened at the grand national in Moline back in 2000, another great meet held on the city streets similar to New Bern. It rained on and off from early morning until the judging started. Most of us were out of dry towels prior to judging so some vehicles were judged wet and some dry.

I dried my car halfway down the middle like the shampoo commercial and left it wet on the other half. I told the judge they could see how the car looked both wet and dry. True story.

Good post Susan. We sometimes don't have time to do a thorough job cleaning after an early morning rain, especially when occupied with judging, CJE, etc.

Terry

Good post Susan. We sometimes don't have time to do a thorough job cleaning after an early morning rain, especially when occupied with judging, CJE, etc.

Terry

Thanks Terry.

There was so much pollen in the area of the Hornets Nest Region show last month that anywhere it got wet it looked like yellow green mud. There was a black pick-up truck in the camp ground where we were staying....it looked like someone had over-sprayed the original paintjob with neon yellow green paint anywhere the truck was in the least bit flat. :D

The news down there said it was four times what is normally thought of has high. :eek: