For Sale : 1911 Maxwell

Guest sgreen13

Guest sgreen13

1911 Maxwell EA engine number 6138

touring - brass is very good

Actual mileage is unknown. Brass odometer is disconnected.

Right hand drive car with progressive shifting. Brake & clutch use the same pedal.

Last time the car was used in a tour was in 2008.

My father purchased this car in Kansas in the 1990's from Wayne Romine's estate. Wayne purchased the car in the 1950's from a used car lot. It does appear to be an older restoration. We are guessing in the 1950's.

My father passed away in 2003. My mom continued to tour with the car after my father passed. She is now ready to let this part of her life go and wants to see "Maxie" go to a good home.

Family is a long time member of the Sioux Falls Horseless Carriage Club.

I have pictures of the car on my profile. I've also posted the car in the general for sale portion. Also have a facebook page for the car Iowa Corvette's Photos - 1911 Maxwell | Facebook

Price is $35,000. I do believe my mom is holding firm to the price.

Car is located in Boyden, Iowa. I am in North Carolina attempting to help facilitate the sale.

Thanks for looking.

Shelly

• 1 month later...
Guest enya123

Please advise if Maxwell still available. My grandfather, Ellery Wright, helped to design the car for Jon Maxwell and raced a stripped down version to 4th place in the 1910 Grand Prix of Savannah. Light Car Division. Would like the car to be in the family for my grandchildren. John Payne 860 868 3431 jhpayneiii@charter.net

Guest sgreen13

The car is still for sale. Price is still $35,000. Please let me know if I can answer additional questions for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest sgreen13

Does anyone know of the top of their head if our car is a 2 cylinder or 4 cylinder. My brain is mush due to wedding planning. I also can't find my notes on the car.

Does anyone know of the top of their head if our car is a 2 cylinder or 4 cylinder. My brain is mush due to wedding planning. I also can't find my notes on the car.

4 cylinder.

• 1 month later...
Guest sgreen13

The car is no longer for sale. My mother has decided to keep the Maxwell.

Thanks for all of the interest. Maybe we will be seeing you all on a car tour next summer.

Shelly