Reatta Project Code

Roadster90

GM33 - Thanks Kevin !!!!

I have acquired a 91 roadster and was thinking about license plates. I think either the GM33 as it stands or some variation would be good (Maybe)....for someone that could care less about attention putting that on the tag would probably not be all that good :) But whatever.....thanks for the reply sir.

Nic

Actually, any suggestions would be appreciated.....

Opps, now I have another question that hopefully Barney or someone will be able to answer or comment on.....why for - how come the "33" ? Were there 33 other experimental or controversal or whatever projects please?

Thanks,

Nic

Nic,

No idea how they chose 33. It can't be a sequential number from the beginning of GM (or from some arbitrary point in the company history), as there were many more than 33 experimental/prototype models made before the Reatta came along. Heck, during the golden years at GM, there were probably more than 33 in a decade.

You might also consider "4EC67", "DRP TOP", "91 VERT" for plates. Here in the show-me-state, they only give you 6 digits for vanity plates. This rather limits the usefulness, and I don't care to p!$$ away any more money on vehicle registration than I do now, so I'll stick with the boring 3 letter/3 number plates they hand out. If you get 7 characters to work with, this opens up a greater number of choices.

Actually, I have always thought that vanity plates had disadvantages, beyond the greater cost. They garner greater visibility to police as it puts you "on the radar" and less likely to get any slack cut for "creative" driving practices. Also, these days road rage drivers may see the unique plate and remember it for revenge later. Of course, a Reatta convertible is not a low-profile car in the sense that there aren't many around. Thus, they will stand out with a standard issue plate, so maybe this isn't such an issue.

KDirk

Thanks Nittany :). If possible I will try to post a picture or two in the next few days. It is a black roadster with gray interior, and has 51k on the clock. I really like the car. I have a problem with the computer and pictures however. The computer is a 2001 vintage Dell with a fair amount of programs including Norton 360, and only 1 gb of menory and a slow as molassas processor. The last time I tried I was unable to post pictures.....I will try again.

Thanks again,

Nic

And further off, Florida has over 120 different vanity plates. I pity any trooper in another state trying to figure out if the plate is real. See Florida DHSMV - Specialty License Plates INDEX and this does not include things like DV, personalized, or year of car plates.

ps until you do, here is the black/grey "in progress".

pps - for a Dell with a gig to be that slow either you have a virus or are running Vista.

post-31022-143138214426_thumb.jpg

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Thanks Jim for the BCA Meet location request - as per phone conversation, greatly appreciated...

And thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. I agree with and will take Kevins's caution and suggestion that personalized plates carry disadvantages. On May the 3rd I originally purchased Disabled Plates with a 7 didget scrambled number so I could drive the car while deciding - I am now keeping those plates. Other than I wish that I did not have the need or authorization to own Disabled Plates, the plates do carry rather nice advantages verses any other plates-

Edited by nic walker
spelling (see edit history)