26- 27 roadster step plate repoduction

Guest dbnz

Guest dbnz

Attached are pictures of the step plates I have had repoduced for the 26-27 roadters.

Dave Wollam kindly loaned me one plate which was used as the basis for the top one and the lower one was made from measurments and photographs.

I have molds if anyone needs casting please PM me.

I also have a the two castings from a Victory 6 roadster that I I no longer need, PM me if you need these.

post-44765-143138210559_thumb.jpg

Hey! I see my name in print! They look really good guys! BTW I just bought another DB today. 1936 DB pickup. Just made a flying trip to Montana to pick it up. Will go load it up in the morning and head back home to Oregon.

The plates are to step on while getting into the rumble seat if so equipped. They are usually mounted on a rear fender and near the rear bumper.

Guest dbnz

The 26-27 were unusual and like this. Original pictures of the period show this to be correct. Our cars are RHD but we did not worry about reversing them, and figured if any cars were ever exported they probably did not tool these plates up for RHD cars.

The step plates I have for the victory 6 may be similar to the DA but they are for a RHD car.

post-44765-143138211372_thumb.jpg

Guest clare30

The DA roadster in Australia with the T J Richards body had two round steps, one attached to rear bumper bracket another on the passenger side rear guard as shown in pics.:)

post-35180-143138211468_thumb.jpg

post-35180-143138211472_thumb.jpg

post-35180-143138211475_thumb.jpg