NOS Muffler Still Needed

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

Still looking for an NOS muffler for my 70 Electra. P/N is 1394348 for the boxed part. The muffler itself is embossed with P/N 1386487 for the Arvin made version, and 1386488 for the Hayes made version. Any of these numbers is fine with me.<P>If you can believe it, I've found no less than four vendors/hobbyists that swore they "definately" had one, but really didn't. In two cases, they never 'fessed-up until after I sent the check! (Yes, they both returned the $$ promptly)<P>Any leads would be appreciated. Just need the muffler, as I already have the rest of the system in NOS. <P>By the way, please don't bother to try and talk me out of using NOS, regardless of how noble your intentions are! I've got the original muffler (dated 12-69) on this car now, and I want another one just like it, so it will last another 32 years. NOS--when only the most authentic will do!!

I HAVE 2 MUFFLERS PN 1232564 DATED6 69 SAYS DUAL V8 MAYBE YOU CAN TELL ME WHAT THEY GO TO I'VE BEEN SAVING THESE FOR 20 YEARS I'D LIKE TO SELL THEM AND CLEAN OUT MY GARAGE LET ME KNOW AT FTW CONSTUCTION@AOL.COM THANK YOU BILL

Guest 70 Electra

Bill,<BR>I've responded to you directly. <P>BTW, I'm still looking for this muffler. Only need one......doesn't anybody have one?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a large cross-flow muffler,and as I recall,some had straight-in connectors and some had ball-joint type connectors.Which type do you have.Can you send a pix of it? Ralph Crisp, BCA 2399