That 350 crate's a lot lighter than the straight 8, so you'll probably want to take off more. Unless you're going with the MustangII front end. No telling, then, just have to try it. ;)

You could get 2/1-2 inch dropped spindles from Jamco then cut 1/2 to 1 coil for a 3-4 inch total drop.Check their website soon cause they were having a sale and they are about $100 less than fatmans. Youll have to heat and drop the steering arms the equivilent 2/1-2 inches

Edited by RiKi5156B
add (see edit history)
  • 11 months later...

You are probably not going to like this but why do these mods to a nice original car? Your Buick was good enough to get on the cover of the April 2010 Buick Bugle! It also earned a nice feature story. I was fortunate enough to have my '50 featured in this issue, too. Your car has survived unmolested for 61 years.

In my opinion, and probably most others reading this blog, that is way cooler than cutting it up into a copy cat hot rod. Why don't you spend a fraction of your street rod budget and put it towards engine, drive train, suspension, brakes maintenance? The rest will go in the gas tank, believe me. These '50 Buicks are some of the best cars built at the time and are sweet runners with a little elbow grease. You've got a couple tons of historical American iron. Enjoy it for what it is. Resist these current fads and stand up for a real honest old car that has earned it patina of age. Your car is only original once as they say. That is something to be proud of.