Radio/CD player question

Guest jcc3inc

Guest jcc3inc

Good morning,

I recently acquired a '93 Riviera less the radio. It does have the separate CD player located just below the radio position. Does anyone know if a standard radio for that year will also accept the input from the CD player? In looking over radios available, some seem to be identical to my radio in the '91 Reatta, but most are a different, simpler radio.

Maybe I should forget the CD player as it seems that most do not work after 17 years anyway!

Thanks for your comments.

Jack C.

I'm doing this from memory and will research it further.

The '93 Riv had three radio options, and the two that will work with the CD player are the one with the 5 bar equilizer, and the bose' unit. If the radio has 5 plugs in the rear, I THINK it's plug and play.

That said, I havn't seen a working Delco CD player from that period. I've got a slew of these players, in cars and on the shelf; none of them work...

I agree with Harry, if it has 5 connectors in the rear it should be compatible with the CD player. I also have about 20 CD players on the shelf and not a good one among them.

Guest Mc_Reatta

I agree with your gut feeling to ditch the CD player. Unless your trying to make a stock show car makes about as much sense as replacing the entire AC system and sticking with R12. I'd find a newer proper sized combo replacement unit and enjoy the better sound and features that you can't get even with working stock replacements. Only reason in my opinion to keep the stock radio is to keep the interface with a CRT controller, which you don't have.