Need alt bracket for 64 401/425

At it again. I once again missed a non a/c alternator bracket for a 64 401/425 by not offering enough money. If you have one and want to sell it, tell me how much, but please do not ask me to make an offer, then decide it is not enough and sell it without giving me another chance. I have ten of the a/c ones and ould gladly trade ALL of them for just ONE of these. I think these also came on 63 Rivieras with 401/425 engines, too. Let's hope this is the last post by me for this dumb part. Thanks, Matt.

I HAVE ONE DO YOU NEED THE ONE THAT SUPPORTS IT OR THE ONE YOU ADJUST TENSION ON? CALL ME AT 505-266-5049. $40. I WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING.

Jon, quick question, is yours aluminum or steel. The one I am looking for is the large steel one that hangs the alt to the far right of the motor. Thanks for the reply, Matt.

Fred, I do not think it has numbers on it. It is a large steel bracket with a 'C' shape cut out on one end for the alternator and a wide flat top. I need one for a non a/c car, which does not have the tabs stamped out if it for the a/c compressor, which bolts to the top. It bolts to the pass. side of the motor. I can not really describe it that well, but for an alternator bracket, it is substantial. If you need any more info, let me know. Thanks,<BR>Matt.

I am looking for A/C compressor brackets that will enable me to use a 1962 or later compressor on my 1959 Electra, 401 engine. Can anyone help? <P>I would also like to replace the orginal generator with a alternator. Does anyone know if the brackets from a later model alternator/compressor equipped 401 will work on my 1959 401? smile.gif" border="0

Mat, sounds like you have A/C compressor and/or alternator brackets I am looking for. Please let me know how I can get in touch with you. Thanks.