need floorpans for a 62 buick skylark convertible

Guest txase

could anyone help me out with some info on where i could buy floorpans for my 1962 buick skylark convertible..need them badly..

thanks

dean

deandillion@bellsouth.net

615 481 8544

There are no repro sheet metal panels for this car, period. Your only choice is to find good used floorpans and have them cut out. 61-63 Skylark and Olds Cutlass convertibles should have the same floorpans.

Guest txase

i have decided to make my own..matter of fact, two sets and charge a million dollars for the second set..that way i'll get my money back..whatdya think..i believe i could be onto something big here..

dean

Joe is right,you might also buy pans for a Chevelle and cut to fit.

Not even close. The 64-72 Chevelle (and A-body sisters) are body on frame. The 61-63 Skylark and F-85 are smaller unibody cars that share more with the Corvair.

As for repoping these floor pans, the reason why they are not available is because there is no market for them. Few of these cars are being restored, and good used floorpans can be had for a few hundred bucks.

Guest txase

well gang..good to know what will and won't work..obviously no aftermarket parts and since the skylark is special unto itself no other donors either..like i said, some good 20 guage and i'm on my way..not my first rodeo with floors as i did a 77 scout although they WERE aftermarket bought pans..i will try and upload my project in the next coupla days or so..it's gonna rock when it's done..sent all the chrome out yesterday to get replated..not building a show car, just a very nice driver..thanks everyone

dean

Be aware that since this is a unibody car, the floorpans form part of the structural tub. You need to be sure to get good solid welds between the new metal and the old. Also, there are two U-shaped reinforcements spot welded to the underside of the floorpans where the frame rails would be. These need to be properly fitted and welded to the new floor pans for proper body alignment and rigidity. Again, any 1961-63 Buick Skylark/Special or Olds F-85 or Cutlass is a suitable donor. I'm pretty sure the 2dr and 4dr floorpans will interchange. There's a 61 wagon at CTC Automotive near Dallas that would be a donor.

Guest txase

joe, about the u-shaped reinforcements, are these on the front floorpans or the rears..is it possible to get pictures of these from you..when i bought this car the floorpans were nothing more than some tin signs someone had cut into squares and screwed and caulked

in..a real no class job..trust me, the new pans will be right but i do need to know where and in what direction to the u's face..thanks for pointing it out..

dean

what would it cost me to get those pans out of the car in dallas and shipped to 37172?

dean

I suggest you ask they yourself:

C.T.C. Auto Ranch Parts Cars Cutlass

Also, the U-channel reinforcements run from front to back. If these are gone, you have a LOT of fabrication ahead of you if you elect not to install used floor pans.