what do you think of this color??

bb1970

I finally have my '65 ready for paint. Now I can't pick a color. The car is Seafoam Green Metallic. I'm not in love with it. My wife hates it. We both like this Riv in Prowler Orange. What would you choose? Keep in mind I have Buick rallies for now. And No air bagged suspension.

This is the color in ?. From a 2001 plymouth prowler.

a>

This is original Seafoam w/tan interior. Car look presentable. But was rough around the edges. Failing paint, rust in the usual areas.

DSCF0018.jpg

After paint I plan on a set of 15" Supreme rims. And a drop 2" on Jamco springs. Let the opinions fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bb1970 (see edit history)

I LOVE seafoam seafoam green. My next '65 GS will be seafoam green over green cloth seats with the black vinyl top.

I like to stick with factory colors, but you have to do what feels right for you; however, I've got to tell you that changing colors on these cars is a hassle. I just went through it on my Turquoise Mist GS (See here: http://forums.aaca.org/f177/65-gs-fresh-paint-279326.html) that is a color change from Burgundy Mist.

I'd think hard before changing colors or moving from the factory pallete (See here: http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/aclchip.aspx?image=1965-buick-pg01.jpg) --especially if you don't plan on keeping the car.

Edited by Patrick91914 (see edit history)

How do you expect my to advise you when I can't pick a color for my own car? Personally, I really like the prowler orange, and agree the seafoam green is not the best color choice. Ultimately, you need to paint this a color that you like. Your car, your choice, regardless of the opinions expressed on this forum. But, the other opinions at home should be considered. Some people want the factory color no matter what. Others, like me, want to change things a little. I think the darker colors bring out the factory lines better, so for me it will be something in the very dark blue/purple/black palette. I am trying to find something that looks black from a distance then turns a you get closer. Good luck.

2 more cents to throw in...

There are a couple factory colors that do look fantastic and some I don't care too much for.

One thing I have learned is that every time I think I am going to keep a car "for the rest of my life", things change. From a value perspective, the custom audience is extremely small and you really need to hit it right for those guys. Factory colors will always bring the value generally speaking. There are definitely colors that only the hardcore Riv guy likes and that is because we zone in on Riv stuff and start liking the obscure/less popular stuff. If you could find a factory color you guys both really liked even though it may not be as stunning as the orange, I would politely suggest going that way. One of the most generally loved factory colors by people who aren't just Riv guys is the Champagne Mist. Looks fantastic in the sunlight, but I am also a hardcore Riv guy and so I am also jaded.

If you are absoutely going to keep this car no matter what...go orange and enjoy the attention!!!

Remember, a 2" lowering job and wheels are not permanent changes so you always have the option to go back to a stock appearance with a factory color. If you are going to do any other permanent custom mods, go with whatever color you want cause that will be the line you cross over and you will have eliminated the "stock" buyer at that point anyway.

Edited by Gee_Rydes (see edit history)

2 more cents to throw in...

If you are going to do any other permanent custom mods, go with whatever color you want cause that will be the line you cross over and you will have eliminiated the "stock" buyer at that point anyway.

Dave "The hammer" Gee hits the nail on the head!!!

Ed

Do what makes you happy. It's your car. Another option might be to slightly modify a "factory' color you like. I re-painted a 72 442 that was originally a factory metallic saddle color using a late model Cadillac copper metallic paint that is very similar to the original but somehow shinier, brighter...cooler. All the die-hard Olds guys go nuts over it. It looks "right"...but somehow better. Good luck. Follow your gut. PRL