!950 desoto wiring question

Guest chaser1602

Guest chaser1602

I picked up a 1950 s 14 4 door desoto.It did'nt have any wiring so I had to rewire the whole car got it all done and evrything electrical works.Except the hi beams or the low beams,dont know which one is working.I was thinking that the only place I could be having a problem is on that terminal block in front of the radiator. Is there a certain order that the wires need to be put on there.Yes I have a factoryservice manual and I have replaced the hi beam switch and moved the wires every way I can think of but no hi beams or low beam

Use a volt meter to determine which wires are have voltage when the lights are on, then press the dimmer switch and check again. One of the wires that had voltage will not have it now and another one will have it. These are the wires that should connect to the headlight bulbs. If they are connected correctly, the bulbs are bad.

The high beam indicator on the dash, should light up when the high beams are activated.

Guest chaser1602

The switch switches like it is supposed to but the light not switching. Bulbs must be bad.I thought I had a wiring problem.Thanks