Mechanic Recommendation - 26 Chrysler - IL

Guest frank

Guest frank

Motor was rebuilt , stored for some time , now after just a few shot runs developed a knock , still runs , but doesent sound good , I am not a mechanic , Car is in Westmont

I have a retired friend who has years experience in mechanical automotive work. He lives in Lemont. I'm in Lockport. Perhaps if you would talk nice to him and maybe come up with lunch money he could diagnose your knock. If the motor was rebuilt there is no logical reason for a knock.

Depending what is the source of the knock would then guide what route to take.

He has worked out problems in several of our vehicles when we just get frustrated.

You can send me a PM if you are interested. I'll respond to your message then.

Hi Frank,

The shop that did the metal work for me mention to me he uses a shop that is either located in Naperville or St Charles to work on the engines for the cars he restores. I have fired off an email to him and asked for the shops phone number and address. Will forward it on to you once I receive it.

Best regards,

Hi Frank,

Reply from my contact

It's not a repair shop but a machine shop. I do all my mechanical repairs here. Mike Gregory does this for me. If he's looking for machine work it's called "Auto Machine in St. Charles. 630-584-1188 Talk to Kim or John. 310 North 6th street.

Not sure if that is much help.