1962 Buick Skylark Dual Path Transmission

Guest Scoutnow

Guest Scoutnow

Looking for a Buick "dual path" transmission for a 1962 Buick Skylark (conv) V-8. Apparently this transmission was only used a couple years. Also looking for a mechanic who has worked on one before, preferably in the Los Angeles area if possible. Thanks for any help...need to get this car on the road by summer!

Guest butch cabrone

If you use ebay, you just missed an opportunity to get 2 dual path trannies for 300 bucks, one with case and the other without (all the parts were there and in the san bernadino area, look for it again as he might relist it)

Anyway i have one that is being redone by performance transmissions in Santee, Chuck Lancy 619 596 0226, i know it is a little far for you but the guy

knows the transmission! I ordered the master/deluxe kit from FATSCO in NJ.

regards

Butch

Guest Scoutnow

Hey Butch...thanks for the tip. I spoke with Chuck...he's going to work on my transmission. I've located a couple spare transmissions back east that I'll have shipped to him. I'll let you know how it goes. What year's your Buick?

• 1 month later...
Guest butch cabrone

I am glad you got hooked up with Chuck, you will be pleased with his work.

I have the 61 2 dr sedan. I am not building it to restore it to original condition

I have modern bucket seats in it and i made a different instrument panel by hand with modern round gauges. I also bought an 8.8 rear from an 80's mustang that a 4 wheel drive place is going to install for me. the suspension

is basically the same and the width is identical to the buick. i am keeping the

4 lug wheels (i have 15 inch wheels), ford and buick have the same pattern. i also bought the scarebird kit to change the front brakes to the mitsubishi gallant rotors and use the s10 calipers. installed a 78 fairmont master cylinder and a proportioning valve from an 83 jeep cherokee. pretty much the same as the ford proportioning valve. i also shitcanned the glass fuse box as it was very corroded and bought an 8 circuit hot rod box off the net for 100 bucks so now i have modern fuses and a simple circuit. I love this car....no computer control, no smog requirements, no power steering (you can actually steer it if the motor stops) no power brakes (you can actually stop if the motor is not running) I also switched to a 12SI alternator. I removed the ducting,motors, heater core and everything associated with climate control and it cleaned up the whole car and probably took off another 100 lbs. I am going to use a

auxilliary electric heater that they install in the rear of SUV's I want to keep

everything SIMPLE and easy to maintain. I am looking around for an aluminum radiator that i can afford. all the tech reading indicates that is the way to go if you have an aluminum engine.

well good luck with yours and maybe we swap photos in the future.

regards

Butch