ABS accumulator problem?

waltmail

Red light , low pressure warning, minimal brakes. Pump works, brakes work for a short period and then go minimal with hard pedal. Does this sound like an accumulator problem? If it is, do they sell for about $130.00? Ouch.

BTW, wich relay conrols the ABS and where is it located? Firewall area?

Thanks in advance.

Even with a totally shot accumulator the pump should bring the internal pressure up to 2600 pounds and then shut off the red light and the pump will stop.

After the pump stops pump the pedal a couple of times and see if the red light comes on. If it comes on in two or less pumps of the pedal the accumulator is shot.

Even with a totally shot accumulator the pump should bring the internal pressure up to 2600 pounds and then shut off the red light and the pump will stop.

After the pump stops pump the pedal a couple of times and see if the red light comes on. If it comes on in two or less pumps of the pedal the accumulator is shot.

That sounds very much like my current condition. Thank you. I e mailed you personally with a part request. Thank you.

Go to Reatta Data Page and read the brake section.

You could have a bad pressure switch, bad accumulator, or some related problem.

The best price on accumulators is Amazon.com type in accumulators and find the one that looks like yours.

Thanks. I did read that section before posting this thread and came to the guess that it might be the accum..... .

p/n is 25528282 - is hard to go by appearance since a powermaster accumulator looks very similar and is much lower pressure.

"ACDelco 25528382 Pressure Accumulator

Price: $105.19 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping "

Note: price may change suddenly - I paid $121 last year.