Teves parts

padgett

Have a need for all four wheel sensors for Teves ABS and the valve block. Does anyone have all or part ?

Please give price with shipping to 32819. Rubber insulation & cables on sensors must be free of cracks.

I have the valve block. Bought it at the yard and never installed it. Don't know if it is good. $20.00 and I'll add it to your sensor order.

Go to ebay and key in 1646478 [rear sensors] and 1648453 [front sensors]. There was a guy selling them as NOS.

Jim Finn has them for about $70.00 each and Advance has them for about $80.00 each [new].

You can also go to ebay and order that Kent Moore pinout box that fits into the brake controller in the trunk. Just key in J35592. I bought mine for $15.00. Takes the guess work out...

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

Dave,

A few months ago I spent about an hour searching for these sensors and even though a few places said they had them either the front or rear was not available anymore. I don't remember which. I did put the numbers into Ebay like you suggested and 1646148 did come up on Ebay. The seller doesn't state if it is a front or rear and he also states, even though they have 6 listed, he states at the bottom it might not be available. Since he is selling 6 of them they must have them though. You also listed 1648453 and maybe because of a typo you listed both numbers as rears but when I put that number into Ebay there were none listed.

The Ebay price on the one listed is $ 86.92 with $ 11.03 shipping. That is not a bad price for a new one.

You mention Advance has them. I suspect they are listing them but actually do not have them or they are quite a bit more than $ 80 as I found last time I looked for new ones. If a person can buy one from Advance for $ 80 I would certainly recommend buying them there.

A few years ago I was able to get them to come out of the knuckles but as time has gone by, because of corrosion, they are almost impossible to get out without damaging them. Even on a rust free Texas car that I dismantled recently the sensors would not come out. The only way I can get them out without damaging the sensor is to, using a cutoff wheel, destroy the knuckle. Basically I am cutting out the sensor. Consequently the reason for the price I have to charge due to the labor I must put in to remove one.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

I have one in my basement that I just purchased new from Advance. It was a special order. The manufactuer is BWD Engine Management Technology. The stock #ABS600. The Advance SKU # 20474040.

Price was $90.89.

I went out to Gibson's and also tried pulling the sensor out and you are right they are rusted in place. I only suceeded in removing the guts and leaving the aluminum tube behind. It still tested good though, so I am going to try taking the tube off a non working one and inserting this one in the existing tube that I am sure will be stuck in my knuckle.

BTW I changed my original post as I had both listed as back sensors, that has been corrected.

I sure am glad I got those sensors from that guy in Ca. parting out his Reatta. All four for $100.00, and they were like new...

The front two are in my Black/Tan.

How about the sensors from the Allante and Chrysler Maserati TC? I bought a new one for the Chrysler for $75 last fall from a Chrysler Maserati club vendor. Don't know if it fits the Reatta, but may be worth looking into-or have them reproduced if the market is there for the 3 cars.

I did use the Reatta pin-out box for the Chrysler to diagnose the problem