Water Pump Bolts for 300 v8

I have a '67 Skylark Conv w/the 300 v8 and want to replace the water pump bolts when I replace my water pump. Does anyone know if there are water pump kits sold somewhere? Or is there a source where I can verify the bolt sizes? I looked in my shop manual and illustrated parts manual but could find nothing. There may be other sources I am not aware of.

Another note. I need rear inner wheel well housings also for the '67. I don't know of anyone that offers them but was wondering if all '67 A body are the same. I imagine I could get them out of a Chevy or GTO catalog.

Thanks.

Ed

Summercruiser

Schenectady NY

Hey Ed, welcome to the Forums.

As for the water pumpp bolts, assuming you mean the short small ones, I just went to the hardware store and bought stainless steel ones out of the rack. I can't recall the size but think i t was 5/16th, and I matched the length up to one of the existing bolts.

As for the inner wheel housing, this is for the hardtop, correct? I believe the convertible and hardtop are different.

The inner fenders are definitely different between a non-convertible and convertible. I suspect that the ones available in the aftermarket are for non-convertible only and will not work in a convertible application. I have not seen any convertible inner fenders available for your car from the aftermarket. The only thing available are used from another GM A-body convertible. Or, you could compare where yours are bad to the non-convertible inner fenders and see if you can use pieces from the aftermarket sheet metal. I think the difference is mostly on the inner (towards the center of the car) and along the pinchweld where the top rests.

Greg

another thing to consider is the wheel opening. The Oldsmobiles have full openings, where as the Buick has half wheel openings. Since the inner housing meets the outer body at thwe wheel opening this part is critical. I like old Yellers idea of patching what you have with new, if you can.

• 1 month later...
Guest NeedHelp

hi i need help just got a 64 skylark with a 300 v8 and im having trouble finding parts like new intake manifold ,headers ...what do i do and were do i go please help

• 1 month later...