What sparkplugs do I use??

As in the thread below, I am converting my point iginition in my '64 Electra 425 cid Dual quad engine to Pertronix module and Pertronix 40 000 volt coil.

What do I now do for spark plugs? Can I use the same ones and just gap them to about .045?

Did my 65 Skylark with the high performance 300. Burns Premium only$$$. Used the same plugs, did not change the gap, car performs great. Just my .02.

• 9 months later...

Don't change the gap. .035. You might go to .040 but no more. The spark is not as hot as you think. Because hot spark has to have a bigger Dist. cap. If you have a lot of spark ( as I call it ) in a small cap, the fire will jump from one terminal to another. It is hotter than points, but not like a big cap system. Even on the ( so called hot spark ) big caps systems .045 gap is all you need on gas engine. If you have intake air boost like a turbo or blower, you have to close the gaps some. I have seen some high boost aystems that had .018 gap. Because the boost would blow the spark out. oh well have a nice day.