Sign in to follow this  
Harry Connors

Floor or patch panels

I discovered today after I cleaned all the sound proofing that someone had glued to my floor as a cover for all the rust spots. I need the piece in the front where the aluminum brace for the door hinge brackets are attached to.

Does anyone know who might be selling a floor patch panel?

Thanks Harry:mad:

I got some replacement floor panels for my 1941 Zephyr from Paul Bradley in North Carolina. That was several years ago. I don't have his address any more but I'll bet you could find him on the "Ford Barn" website.

I have to quit typing things late at night. The year and model is a 1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe. The rust holes were nicely hidden under a layer of fiberglass and sound proofing. Thanks for any tips on where to get some replacement panels. Harry

see ebay item 160418238941. these people advertise front, rear and trunk floor panels for your car. i have not seen any of them.

Harry; Go to c2c Fabrications.com They list 42-48 Lincoln Floor panels...Phone # 313-534-2886 .. they are in Michigan.. hope this helps.. CH

Edited by notnow (see edit history)

Thanks for the addresses, I sent the folks an email last night. I want to be sure that these will also fit the Continental coupe. I believe they may be the same folks as the price and the photograph are the same. I will let all know. Thanks again Harry

The reply back I received was "These were made from the Zephyr model so I am not sure if that is the same as the Continental. Compare the picture listed with your original to get an idea if they are the same or not."

New question for those of you who would know - are the same or can the Zephyr floor panels be modified?

Thanks Harry

how are you doing harry,

I bought the trunk floor panel from C2C for my 47 connie and I'm going to have to trim the panel to make it fit. I would have liked to just toss it in the trunk and just weld it in, but no such luck. if you decide to buy from C2C go to their website and buy it because it was cheaper then e-bay.

mitch

Edited by mitch lojek (see edit history)

I am deliberating whether to use a Linex coating (see Daddo65's 2/19/09 post) to cover the few holes I have, or weld in a new pan. Bradley (Bradley Floorpans for Fords) sells them for $600 a pair for pre-war Lincolns but doesn't list any post war items.

Thanks Mitch I am glad my trunk floor is OK. It is just the front of the floor panels that are bad especially in the area where the cast aluminum door supports are.

Still need to know if the floor panels are the same or simular as the Connie.

Thanks Harry

Harry,

I couldn't tell you if they are any different from the ones I recieved from Bradley in NC or not. But these are pictures of the floor pans for a 1940 Zephyr. The small round hole is for the Master brake cyl. and the other odd shaped hole is for the pedals. It's the best I can do. 48 is a long way from a 40, that I can tell you.

Good luck and let us know how you make out. Have I mentioned we like pictures?

Ctskip

post-65857-143138202073_thumb.jpg

I would consider the line-X as opposed to the patch panels... I went under the car with Aluminum AC tape to match any contours in the floor I had them spray the Line-x down on top of the holes. Then I had it undercoated as per specs... throw carpet over it and no one will ever know...plus they will never rust and there are no new cuts or welds to your vehicle... My car is by no means a show car... but it is as original as original can be... If you are going to show this as a pristine show car, this may not be for you...

post-58346-14313820208_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138202083_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138202086_thumb.jpg

post-58346-143138202088_thumb.jpg

My floors rusted out where the seat bolts to the floor. Not any small pin holes either. In the trunk where 99% of the time nothing but a rug will be, thats where there are small pin holes. I would consider doing the line-X there. Where weight and structure are of any degree important, I would use the replacement panel.

By the way, your floors look to be in great shape.

Ctskip

post-65857-143138202098_thumb.jpg

I wish I had some pics of before..... they were horrible!! Someone covered the holes with tar, tar paper, and tin signs...hahaha!!! it took me 20 hrs just to get all of it up with a heat gun and adhesive remover!! Luckily most of my holes were not bigger that a tennis ball, and in areas that were not detrimental to the strength of the floor.... thanks