WEIGHT OF H V12 BLOCK

Guest Ctskip

I am not sure exactly. I had to drag one out of an abandoned building and it had the complete valve train. No crank or pistons or heads, no oil pan which alone must weight about 35 lbs. That amazed me. The block I had to drag it over a threshold and I needed to stand it on end. It wasn't light in any sense of the word. I have lifted many SBC in my day and this V-12 block is double what they weigh. I would give a guess a V-12 weights in at 700 lbs. A rough estimate would be between 600 to 800lbs. When I can I will weight the one I have. I'll have to figure out how to weight it first. Maybe someone out there knows for sure.

Ctskip

Guest hannibalhann

heavy, i think, my son in law and i lifted one into the back of a pickup,,:eek: i couldn't move for a week larry

post-42794-143138201937_thumb.jpg

post-42794-143138201941_thumb.jpg

Guest Ctskip

In my case, I was the son in law. I'm 6'3" @ 250 lbs. And I don't feel ashamed to tell you, I couldn't lift one end straight up on the first attempt. It took me some spit and pants pulled up and knees bent and I barely was able to get it up the second time so I could flop it over. So I could get it over the threshold and out the door where I could drag it out with a come-along to the trailer. From there we cherry picked it onto the trailer. That sucker is one heavy chunk of iron. Somebody out there has to know.

You lifted it. You have a better idea about what it weighs. Care to give it a guess?

Ctskip