'88 Reatta CRT Repair

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

A customer of mine has been made aware (to some degree) of the existence of a electronic repair facility in Charlotte, N. C. that has the capability to repair CRTs.

Anyone by chance know the name or contact info for it?

Thanks.

Since Rex stopped working on them, I send people to Eddie Voland in Westminster MD

The repair price seems to be around $150 with parts and shipping.

I have send lots of people to him and have heard no complaints.

His phone number is 443-536-9591

One problem with sending in CRT/touch screens is you only get your CRT repaired. The CRTs and the touch screens are two separate items that are bolted together and work together but do separate functions. The CRTs can be repaired but the touch screens are not available anymore so when you send in your CRT/touch screen you will get back a good working CRT but you will get back your original touch screen. About 50% of the time the screens will have some delamination of the coating on the touch part or particularly where you change the volume buttons the screen will be worn through.

I have been selling Reatta parts for 11 years and have good tested and appearing CRT/touch screens available for less then the repair price. I do take exchanges and this way regardless of the condition of the screen I receive I send out a good working CRT with an nice appearing touch screen on it.

When you get one from me, I don't just plug it into my tester and make sure it lights up but install it in my personal car that is driven daily. I keep it in at least 2 weeks to make sure it works properly and does not wiggle at the bottom like some do. Since the wiggle is intermittent very often, 2 weeks of trial makes sure all the bugs are out.

I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

Jim is correct. What we call a CRT is actually two component parts. Either part fails and you have a bad unit. I have good tested units for sale and there is no need to return your non working core. I can be reached at steveskyhawk@prodigy.net or (951) 323-0263

Guest steveskyhawk

My ad on ebay shows a picture of the unit that is for sale being tested with the current date on a post it. I understand that it is a fragile 20 year old used part so I offer a warranty. In the unlikely event that the unit should fail or get damaged in shipping I will either send out another tested unit or possibly a CRT controller. Whatever it takes, if you buy from me I will solve your CRT problem. I have sold quite a few of these and never an unhappy customer.

Note: The CRT is the true Reatta experience. I have programmed mine to remind me of a very important hygienic function. These things are fun.

post-53748-143138201944_thumb.jpg

post-53748-143138201949_thumb.jpg