luggage strap

Guest craig hewitt

Guest craig hewitt

I found in a reatta at the junk yard what i think is a strap for stuff in the behind seat storage area. it was in one of the cubbies a strap that has three hooks and is made to adjust did they offer this can someone chime in it looks like it was made for the car but i have never seen one. Craig

The strap was made for the coupe. It is a 3 point harness, the center hook goes behind the seats before and between the storage units. The other straps attach at the top of the storage area right below the back window. You should have attachment points there. It was designed to hold cargo in place behind the seats.

Good Find lots of folks are looking for them

All coupes came with the luggage strap.......all luggage straps were black.

Chuck explained how they mounted. I don't know if I can make it clearer........

There are three places that they hook, one is in the center of the back, just above the pass-through door to the trunk. The other two are on the floor, just in front of the floor storage compartments.

They are getting harder to find and it would be an interesting project if someone would reproduce them........and make them available in the different interior colors. GM took the easy way and made them all black. Maybe leather would be another option.

Guest craig hewitt

To cool im glad i grabed it what do you think its worth just curious Im going to keep it Craig

Guest Richard D
what do you do if you have 2 grandkids, just stack them, the smallest on the bottom.........Just kidding :confused:

I always thought that was what the big center door was for. Really cuts down the noise factor.;) Actually my car had that strap in the trunk and I could not figure out what it was for. Glad I kept it. My first 90 coupe bought new did not come with one!<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest mhuffy

I really like the mileage deduction.....My will says: "being of unsound mind and not much body - he spent it while he was here."

Guest spyhunter2k

The use of the strap was demonstrated in the 1988 Reatta sales video contained in the 3-disc DVD project.