Time to detail engine - Any advice

I am at the point where it is time to pressure wash the engine. I seem to remember conversations, but cannot find the threads, where there were some starting issues and advice how to avoid complications. I am not going to do the pressure washing myself, but working with a reputable detailing company that typically does car reconditioning for dealerships. They have expressed some concern about doing under the hood on such an old car.

Any areas they should avoid heavy amounts of water or pressure? Any precautionary measures to take?

Thanks.

I know this has been asked before

All I remember from that thread is be sure to stuff a rag

into the air intake -- and then DONT forget to take it back out

after the detail. :eek:

Other than that you might want to look over all your hoses and the cable mgmt. covering, etc. A lot of the old plastic maybe crumbling from age and heat so you might want to cover those points in something waterproof.

That and the exposed ignition parts.

Someone else probably can add to that.

I'll checking back here as its about

that time to degrease the engine.

A lot of the corrogated plastic wire loom covers are crumbling. I just keep some around and replace as I find. Lately I have also seen a number of crumbling fan connectors. Plastic and heat do not go together well.

Padgett it is interesting that you bring connections and loom covers crumbling. The Reatta I bought in Florida had bad loom covers and connections. I go out to the local upick yard to grab parts and our connections and loom covers are good. So I guess the trade off is we get rust and you get bad connections...

Is one of the reasons I run engines cooler than stock, everything lasts longer. OTOH I would much rather replace wiring looms, replacements are at any FLAPS.

See "50 miles from nearest salt water". Coast cars rust from the top down particularly around windows. Have seen it all (including new cars on dealer lots with rust issues).

When I say "rust free" that includes the CC and the oval body sealing panels.