Group Petronix Ignitor Purchase CHEAP!!!

I hate points and would like to purchase 3 ignitor kits to switch over my cars from points to electronic ignition. I also like to save as much money as possible so I have contacted Pertronix about a group purchase on ignitor units and was told that a $4000 order is required to get wholesale prices. I am trying to get enough purchases together to meet the $4000 minimum order size. The way I figure, if each order was $100, we only need 40 orders. The wholesale prices are <P>Ignitor Normal 39.95<BR>Ignitor LSC 41.95<BR>7mm black wires 23.00<BR>8mm black wires 28.00<BR>Chrome Coil 18.85<BR>Black coil 20.50<P>As you can see, the savings are quite good over what others are selling these units for. If you would be interested in getting in on this group purchase, please send me an email at alan.faircloth@ots.treas.gov and let me know what you are willing to buy and how many. Once I get close to meeting the minimum order size, I'll have you send the money and make the purchase. The only other cost will be shipping from me to you. Pertronix said they will ship it all to me for free. <P>Thanks,<P>Alan

Alan,<BR>Who are you (BCA#, or ???) and where are you located? What is the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STANDARD IGNITOR AND LSC??<BR>JOHN

I'm a GSCA member (#5716). I'm in Atlanta. My understanding of the difference between the Regular Ignitor and the Lobe Sensing is that the Regular one is magnetic and works with a magnetic ring while the other uses an optical type sensor. I know that the LSC version is the new and improved design and said to be even better than the original. That's the way I plan to go on my cars.

You could count me in for an LSC, 8 mm wires and black coil. Email me if this is going to happen in the next 30 days or so.

Thanks for vouching for me Yellowlark. I'm absolutely serious about this and hope to pull it off in a couple of weeks. Remember, you are buying these units at a discounted cost. NO ONE ELSE will sell them to you for the prices listed as that's what they pay for them. If you need one, NOW is the time to get one. ALL I ASK is that you pay for the cost of me shipping them to you. NO STRINGS ATTACHED! This is a group thing, not a profit thing.<P>Thanks,<P>Alan Faircloth<BR>turbo_al@yahoo.com

Alan,<BR>I have been looking around for these ignitions!! I will be in for a LSC for a 425, Black Coil, 2 sets of Black 8mm wires!<BR>Please E-Mail me if it is a go!<P>Duane smile.gif" border="0

One more thing alan!<P>If anyone falls off I would step up to buy any extra coils or wires! I have another 425 to build.<P>THESE ARE AT A HUGE SAVINGS! the parts stores are hitting with about $80 for the LSC! shocked.gif" border="0<BR>EMAIL : mccauley@cameron.net<p>[ 05-17-2001: Message edited by: Nailed1 ]

You bet. I'm halfway there. I've got a conference call setup with the guy at Pertronix on Monday to see about letting me do a half order now and filling the rest later this year.<P>We'll see if they are flexible. <P>Alan Faircloth

i will take a set for 425<BR>8mil wires & black coil<BR>the whole set up.<BR>scott phillips<BR>(615)399-7850<BR>pphil36155@aol.com<P>1964 superwildcat /4-speed

Guest BillEBuick

I would like an lsc and two black coils... if its not too late... just put the magnet one in my 72 Riv now i want to try the other one on my 63 Electra BillE

Alan. Everybody else seems to be very familiar with and happy with this setup. What do I need to switch my 72 Electra (455)and what are the benefits? Is it as simple as replacing the points, wires and coil? If not what all is involved? I am in depending on the answers to these questions. martyanderson10@hotmail.com

Alan: Toss me in for a set of 8mm wires. Always nice to have an extra set. :-)<P>72 Electra/Marty: I installed mine mid-late last year and have been happy with it. No points to change or dwell to screw with plus the top end (freeway) acceleration now kicks flawlessly upto 95mph and climbes faster to over 100 then before. Not that I recommend those speeds. wink.gif" border="0 It's as easy as replacing wires & coil, and the ignitor involves removing the points & condenser and all wires, removing rubber boot & installing new one, routing wires and crimping ends. Thats it! Took me longer to disassemble the distrib then to install anything. A lil WD-40 or something helps with the coil clamp. :-) If you go full setup and have a inline resistor wire you will have to turn the key on for a few seconds before starting or bypass the resistor alltogether as everything likes 12v vs the 8.5 that the ballast gives.<P>Cheers!<P>-Scott

Hi,<P>Thanks for putting this together. What, besides high end acceleration, is the advantages of using this setup ? I have a high performance vehicle (73 Century GS Stage 1), and 2 cruisers (67 Ford Station Wagon and 70 Caddy Deville convertible) - what would the benefits be for these vehicles ? Can this be used on older cars (49 Buick Super straight 8 ) ? Anybody do any gas milage or performance benchmarking to validate any claims by the manufacturer ? I was just curious, and may sign up depending upon the response.<P>Thanks.

72 electra: make sure you email Alan with your info and order request. I dunno if he's able to watch this thread with all the email he getting. :-)<P>BuickNut: You can checkout the Pertronix site (www.pertronix.com) for some info. A few muscle car sites have drag and I believe road compared this setup with points, the overall consensus is good. The drag tests it improved mph & time in the quarter by a few tenths. I forget the exact numbers, but do a search here for Pertronix and you should find plenty of info. I honestly didn't see any mpg improvement in my car and I gaped the plugs .05 over stock, but the mid and high end power is now there and there's no worries with points & condenser which is enough reason for alot of ppl to upgrade. I say if you're still using Points, then upgrade. If ya already have HEI, don't bother. If you or anyone decides to upgrade, I recommend getting the entire setup. No, I don't work for them or anyone here, just a happy customer.<P>I know it'll work on your '73, '70 and '67, you can call them (phone on website) and ask about the '49. I think they've added units for the older 40's & 50's cars.<P>Since I'm on the podium, I'll add that the price of a K&N filter is well worth it as is a 360* cleaner. Between those & the pertronix my acceleration has improved as well as mileage. Quite nice IMO.<P>Cheers!<P>-Scott<BR>(the real question, upgrade the LSC unit with the II unit or no? smile.gif" border="0 )

can I get in on this deal?<BR>just stumbled into this list <BR>but i'm running a Nailhead 425 in my 51gmc<BR>and could sure use the:<BR>Ignitor LSC,8mm black wires and a Chrome Coil

• 1 month later...