90-93 Riv interior color combinations

wws944

I'm reading from the 1992 Buick Product Manual. Since there were few (if any) changes for 1993, its a safe bet that at least 92 and 93 were the same....don't have any info for 90-91. Riviera interior code 989 was for red leather bucket seats w/14 way driver seat; 999 was for red leather bucket seats w/6 way driver seat.

Exterior colors offered w/ the 999/989 interior are:

Code 13 sterling silver, 40 arctic white, 41 black, 56 alabaster beige, 72 ruby red, 76 claret red, 87 pewter gray, 93 diamond white.

Hope this helps.

No other red-ish interior color is called out for the Riviera...but did offer that red in cloth besides the leather.

There were two other interior red codes for other Buicks in 1992:

Code 78 red for Skylark, Regal, LeSabre, Park Avenue (looks the same shade as the Riviera red)

Code 70 dark red for Century, Roadmaster Sedan, Roadmaster Estate Wagon

Hmm. My '90 Regal also has a red interior. It is code 369 (red cloth, 55/45 bench seat.)

So now that you mentioned it, I just took a Reatta floor mat and compared it with a Regal floor mat. Better quality carpet in the Reatta (tighter weave), but the colors are pretty close. Reatta maybe slightly more redish/orangish and Regal more maroonish. The vinyl edging color is identical. Interestingly, the cloth seats and visors in the Regal are a bit lighter shade than its carpeting and floor mats - so don't match exactly either. But this could be due to 20 years of aging and probably different OEMs as well. (My Regals headliner is way faded. But my car had an aftermarket sun roof installed when it was new. The installer apparently used an inferior headliner material that probably looked ok when new, but has faded much faster than the OE headliner would have.)

In any event, thank you again for looking this up.

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)