Need Fuel Pump-FORD

Hello, I just acquired a 1980 Ford Fiesta which needs fuel pump. Ford parts dept. told me they were discontinued in 1994.<BR><BR><P>Does anyone know what would be compatible? What about a reliable source for finding something like that? Ask me where to find Buick parts and I'll tell you, but Ford I have no clue.<BR><BR><P>I appreciate the help.<BR><BR>KEN

if all else fails put in a block off plate and install a 12v electric fuel pump. check with an auto rebuilder as the parts inside might be the same as a current model car.<BR> smile.gif" border="0

Thanks Albert, good point. Will have to pinpoint the pump, not sure if it is mounted in the engine bay or somewhere near the tank.<BR><BR><P>Also good point about checking other compatible models. Does anyone know what would be compatible with a 1980 Ford Fiesta as far as fuel pumps are concerned. Car has the orig. opposed-4cyl engine.

Ken, The fuel pump is still available at many aftermarket auto parts stores; Car Quest, Pep Boys, NAPA,ect. It should cost around $40.00 and would have to be special ordered smile.gif" border="0 Hope this helps, Jeff smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Thanks JAW, just got home from installing it. What a pain...there's hardly any space to work with but it's on there.<BR><BR><P>Appreciate the responses.<BR><BR>KEN