MP3 hook up on a '89

DAVES89

• 2 weeks later...

Just today in the mail recieved a MP3 lead made up by [Mike] McReatta.

It looks great.

Thank you

I feel like a kid with $2.00 in his pocket and standing in a 5&10 in the 60's looking at toys!

Any idea/pictures to show where it plugs in as well as any program info? Or is it an automatic override?

Thanks for the return address form, the CRT goes out today...

I am so excited about installing it that I don't want to go fishing tomorrow. [i would much rather work on my Reatta or beter yet drive it then most any other leisure activity!]

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)

OK lead is installed.

Per McReatta's instructions I pulled the radio head and cleaned the terminals. I looked the unit over and all the terminals looked real clean as the previous owner was a non smoker and the unit had been rebuilt [sticker on unit] in 8/99. [i still sprayed the terminals with contact cleaner].

Everything works as it should.

You still need a casssette in the cassette deck, so I used one with a broken tape.

So how it breaks down is this;

When I want to listen to a cassette, I put one in the player and play.

When I want to listen to my MP3 player I simply install the "blank" tape and play the MP3.

One does not have to remove a working cassette as the MP3 has the capability of "playing over" the cassette, however when there is a gap on the MP3 player's song you can hear what is playing on the cassette. [best to have a broken cassette tape in the unit].

So now McReatta can do his tutorial on what is needed and how to do it.

Thanks Mike!

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)