That one has 100 PSI compression so I will proabably leave it alone. The rest have no marks on them that I can see, I pulled the 3 with the lowest compression and they all have damage from something that got into the cylinders. The one with 0 is fresh damage but the other 2 look like older damage because there is carbon over the damaged area. The cylinders walls look good and the bearings are as good as they get if they aren't new. All 3 pistons I pulled have the same number 1167451 and buick cast into them. I plan on trying to find 3 new or good used piston and will buy a set of chrome rings and a gasket set and hoprfully it will be alright for a few years.

I just quickly looked at Cars Inc and the Buick Farm there are similar part numbers to the ones on my motor but not the same. Is there a way to find out what pistons these are for sure using this number.

Cannot eyeball bearings/crankshaft for wear. They must be measured.

Do not use chrome rings unless you put in a rough cylinder finish. They will never seat.

Cast iron rings would work just fine.

I just quickly looked at Cars Inc and the Buick Farm there are similar part numbers to the ones on my motor but not the same. Is there a way to find out what pistons these are for sure using this number.

Sid

The number cast on the pistons is not necessarily the part number. Look in the 55 parts book under group 0.629. From previous posts I think your engine is late production, so get some standard pistons from a late production engine.

Willie

I am betting that detonation caused by pre-ignition is what holed your piston and damaged the other two. That engine, at one time, must have done some knocking under load and also had a problem with dieseling when the key was shut off.

Look very carefully at the rod bearing on the bad piston. Severe detonation can sometimes pound a flat spot into the shell and cause more wear on that journal.