There is a Studebaker guy here that also has Stude carriages. I'd bet he would know of some mixed makes carriage websites.

It may take a few hours for him to spot this thread.

There is a Studebaker guy here that also has Stude carriages. I'd bet he would know of some mixed makes carriage websites.

It may take a few hours for him to spot this thread.

I am not sure if you are referring to me (I own 5 Studebaker horse drawn vehicles) or to Mike Zaetta, who has listed several horse drawn vehicles for sale in the past.

Personally I have no experience outside the Studebaker marque, but as with cars the price is determined by make, condition and rarity. I would bet that the Sears carriage was made by an outside vendor and sold via the catalog under the Sears name.

Perhaps if you post a picture or two and describe the condition I can give you a ball park figure (remembering that I have about 1% greater knowledge than the others on this forum). :D

Yes :)

I just figured you must know a few places online that might be helpful.

I am strictly a Studebaker guy and do not own any other brands nor do I own a horse or travel in those circles. I believe there is an extensive carriage museum in Lexington, KY that may be able to help with value. The only on-line resource I am aware of is www.carriagemart.com.

• 4 years later...

Welcome to the forum !!

Hello everyone. I found this horse carriage in the woods behind my new house, with 2 big wheels. I wonder if it is worth anything.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]280255[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]280256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]280257[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]280258[/ATTACH]

It is worth what someone is willing to pay.

That's not a carriage. It is a hay wagon.

As far a it being worth whatever someone will pay for it, I have to comment. That is the standard answer that people give, who don't know the correct one, but don't want to be left out of the conversation. It certainly has an established value. If you go to any rural antique shop, there will be one for sale, usually to be used a yard art. I would imagine it is worth north of 2-300 bucks. Just those two large wheels are worth 50-75 bucks, each, on eBay