We get one every now & again

LouZ

Hey guys It's entertainment time again.!.!

Well I guess it's my turn to field the negative wrath of " mr short fuse ".

Bless his heart,. It seems like he does have that problem.

But I Gotta Tell Ya.

It's hard to take somone seriously when they call you Stupid and don't know how to spell it.

Now to the crux of my statement:

A negative person always seems to find a reason to not be helpful to another; Whereas a positive type would have posted the link and would not have had any thought of "Copyright", or any thing else that would hinder the basic helpful attitude inherent to most of us...

Y'All have a nice day now & enjoy, Y'Hear,, Lou--

Edited by LouZ (see edit history)

Hey David,

I grew up with a typical NYC attitude. "Tell it like it is, & if you don't like it, Tough. I don't have time for this". I am very proud to have learned the local way of smiling when you tell someone off. Altho I never actually use that "Bless Your Heart" in actual conversation. I can remember to use it in my writings.

I still chuckle when I think of that thing I wrote to start this thread. Lou

AW Doc,

You killed that sucker ! ! ! :mad: Looked like detonation.

As for that other nonsense. It starteed with the thread "Odometer Repair", on page 2. He had copied the old repair how to; but did not want to share the info because of coryright laws. Well I gave him a very mild "what for". He unloaded on me. kinda like he did you, with the meds thing. I had to show him what the pen was for. That was my answer at the head of this thread. (I'm still chuckling) I ain't had that kinda fun in a long time.. Lou

Lou, if your going to tell something, at least tell the truth, that is you can. I posted the note because I was willing to share with everyone, but wanted to notify as required that it was copywrite protected, (you need to learn how to spell copywrite- it is not corywrite ), It can be legally used for you personnal use but can not be published or sold. Lou you seem to be really sold on your self, but I guess we should allow for you, you seem to try, even if you articles about cleaning and dying leather are full of errors and you keep repeating yourself. I guess that is your only claim to 15 minutes, you know how that going, LOL, LOL ,LOL

OK David,

I was just shutting down when I saw your ------ .. I guess I'll blame it on old eyes. I do that alot but I usually catch it when I proof it . That one I didn't see. Oh Well.....

My eyes seem to do that more often to me now. Maybe I should be blaming the grey matter behind them. :rolleyes:

In terms of the reason for you launching this thread--without taking sides--I thought I would offer the following observation. I have noticed in more forums and chat rooms that people seem to have shorter fuses these days. Very little debate/discussion occurs before the invectives fly. Our collective skin seems to have become paper thin.

Anyone else notice this?

Hi Yellowdog,

If you accept that practice then the thing to do is leave it alone.. I do not accept that as the practice I want to contend with. Therefore my efforts to point out what are in my opinion errors of actions. If I did not take the time and energy to do this there would be a status quo without any expectation of improvement. That is not the way I persoally want to go thru life. The energy I put into helping those who need advice to repair thier TCs on this forum is the same energy I put into doing it in a comfortable fashion.

Thanks, Lou

I think yellowdog is right, it is a sign of the times that people have short fuses. However short fuses should not be confused with insults. It is perfectly acceptable that someone disagrees with a comment or procedure and offers a different opinion, it is something quite different calling the other person derogatory names and throwing person insults.

We are all here to help each other out in our common passion, the TC, sometimes we talk about personal items, yes, and even the weather, and that is all acceptable. We are all supposed to be friends first.

..... I have noticed in more forums and chat rooms that people seem to have shorter fuses these days. Very little debate/discussion occurs before the invectives fly. Our collective skin seems to have become paper thin....
I think yellowdog is right, it is a sign of the times that people have short fuses. However short fuses should not be confused with insults. It is perfectly acceptable that someone disagrees with a comment or procedure and offers a different opinion, it is something quite different calling the other person derogatory names and throwing person insults.

We are all here to help each other out in our common passion, the TC, sometimes we talk about personal items, yes, and even the weather, and that is all acceptable. We are all supposed to be friends first.

Not to split hairs...(he said as he began cutting... :D) because I agree with both Yellow and MyTC....I think the the short fuse yellow was referring to is the same poor behavior that TC Toy is pointing out. I too have seen this more and more lately where people seem incapable of disagreeing in an agreeable way. I know that part of that is due to the inability to gauge the intent of a response by body language and voice inflection... all but impossible with this type of communication. But still... knowing this is the case and being adults (giving everyone the benefit of the doubt... ) I would think that we first should err on the side of patience and greater clarity in our discussion..rather than pull the trigger on an innocent bystander because we had a bad day. Leeway and respect should be given those who are our elders...whether it's in age, knowledge or experience.

I have noticed that the forums that are smaller, tighter-knit, with a more focused common interest seem to behave more like a family... that argues a lot, lol .. I will say that the TC forum here seems to be one of the few exceptions to the rule though. Must be because of our superior intellect :D (after all..we were smart enough to know a cool car when we saw it!! :cool:)

Hi Brian,

Your point is well taken and understood.

I believe that behavior shows a lack of discipline and respect. It's what is referred to day as "Dissing" someone. We all have bad days. Most of us do not visit that on other people. ~ AND ~ most of us do not answer back after the first time this "dissing" occurs. It's is almost never retorted after the first instance because we all hope it is an isolated case and will go away without causing it to grow. When it continues, there is a choice: 1st choice is a continuation of what i just wrote. The second choice is to try to hold it down with a nail or two, and sometimes three. Well I have a couple of hammers in my tool box with well used handles. Because I firmly believe the situation, and those practices will not improve if they are not brought to the attention of the that offender.. It will not go away with silence...And I do not want to be subject to it more than once. Lou

I believe LOUZ, My TC, Mad_Bohemian and Yellowdog all have good points and you're all correct. Overall, I really enjoy the forum even though I may not respond often. I consider all of us to be members of an elite group who fell in love with the TC. It's an awesome car! Once in a while someone gets a little owly and we all have bad days. Most of us are willing to own up to it and that's great.

The individual who started the dissing seems to take a pot shot in each posting, regardless. I'm not sure he realizes the harm he's doing to the forum. Too bad for him. He's the one who will lose in the long run.

Keep up the good work.

Duane