I am brand new to the AACA and made a post to the General Discussion Board but wanted to list it here as well. I am buying a 1956 Pontiac two door post. I want to change the hood emblem to the lighted indian head type. I saw where the supposed part number was 984947 but do not know if that is correct. Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can purchase one?

Kaycee,

Thanks for the info and direction. I know these ornaments are bringing a big buck and am ok with that as there are not many around. I will take your advice and keep looking. Thanks again for the reply.

Rich

• 3 months later...

I believe casting # on the underside of the hood ornament is 522077. If you can purchase an ornament with decent zinc die cast and minor flaws in the chrome grab it. You can always buy a repo insert. You do not want to buy pitted zinc die cast and have a plating shop attempt to grind out the pits.

I believe casting # on the underside of the hood ornament is 522077. If you can purchase an ornament with decent zinc die cast and minor flaws in the chrome grab it. You can always buy a repo insert. You do not want to buy pitted zinc die cast and have a plating shop attempt to grind out the pits.

This is all good advice, if you (likely) find a decent ornament but with deteriorated plastic you can buy repro of those.

You should immediately get a free catalog from www.amesperf.com and www.pontiacparts.net , congratulations on your 1956

Todd Crews

POCI 1957 Technical Advisor

Part number for a 1956 lighted ornament is 988553 (group #8.030) as per the dealers packaged accessory price list, volume 3 (P56-3), dated <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:date Month=</st1:date>June 1, 1956. Unfortunately I believe that the part number only appears on the box. These are out there and not cheap.