Brand spanking new to this forum as this is my first post!! I am buying a 56 Pontiac post two door. I want to change the hood ornament to the one with the lighted Indian Head. Where do I find such an animal? I saw a web site that stated that the part number was 984947 but am not sure if this is true. Is there anyone out there that is willing to part with one?

Thanks,

Rich

Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of informative people on hear that are willing to share their knowledge. There isn't much that stumps this group.

The Pontiac 55's had the lighted head and the 56's had a totally different wing type design, which also lit. They are out there, check Ebay. They have become somewhat expensive if in decent condition and the chrome is good. I have seen a few at swap meets and they ranged from $200 to $900.

Thank you so much for the reply!! I had a few cars here and there and thought I was through but I may retire from my current job and here I go again. I am not a real Pontiac man but the car and price are right. Thanks again for the info!!

Rich

Ron, thanks for the reply and a real thanks for the picture. Yeah, that is the animal. I am possible retiring in October and I am buying this 56 Pontiac as a retirement gift! Thanks for the info and direction.

Rich