HELP FOR A CHRYSLER GUY? ABS RELAYS

Guest wpoll

Guest wpoll

Hi to all you Reatta fans! I own a chrysler TC with the same Teves ABS brake system as yours. I'm trying to locate the proper relays, (there are three) and have had Noooooo luck! Chrysler dealers say obsolete, and haven't had any help on my Chrysler TC forum pages. Anyone happen to know what the proper relays are for this system, or perhaps a good starting source?

Thanks to all,

Wayne

The big difference in automotive relays is in their connectors and in their mounts. I have no Idea if the Chrysler uses the same for either/both but the two firewall relays (pump and ABS computer aka EBCM) on a Reatta are NAPA Echlin AR-174.

At least some Reattas came from the factory with Bosch 0-332-204-184. I have a couple of spare Bosch that were apparently mis-stamped with GM part #12065116, because they have a sticker on them that says #12065115 covering the original number.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Suggest taking your relay to the closest NAPA Parts store. They bought Echlin which makes many replacement relays among other things. Unfortunately, the link to the online catalog doesn't work. In the store they should be able to look it up in the printed catalogs.

There is no lack of relays that will mate with the car's connector and will do the job electrically, the hard part is to find one that mounts to the car as intended.

Most of these relays have a plastic cover which is removable. You carefully pry the retaining tabs in the cover away from the relay body and slide off. If the plastic on your old relay isn't too brittle, and you work carefully with thin bladed tools like jewelers screwdrivers you should be able to mount the cover to the new relay and preserve the car mounting arrangement along with the new relay guts.

Hopefully they will have a compete replacement relay available for your TC.