need help identifying side mirror?

ronvb

Not from a '62 Olds (the backs had ridges that ran from top to bottom). I do recall the concentric circles being on mirrors for mid-'60s Oldsmobiles, like my Dad's '65 Starfire. Don't have a Fusick's manual at my fingertips before bedtime, but I'm pretty sure this is for a full-size mid-'60s Olds.

Starfireelvis,

I never had a full size 65 olds but did have a 65 442?

Keep picturing this from 62 cutlass f-85 or 60 Pontiac Bonneville I once had?

If you find anything else out post it-ok?

Thanks for reply,

ronvb

The mirror Fusick sells for '61 and '62 full size cars has the vertical grooves. '63 to '66 mirrors have the concentric rings. They don't offer a mirror for '61 or '62 F-85 models, but their '63 to '66 F-85 mirrors have the rings.

Paul

Also... Dave, I noticed your car has mirrors on both sides. The driver's side mirror was optional on your car, and the passenger's side mirror was never available. I'm thinking maybe someone added mirrors after your car was purchased.

Paul

Wow somebody make up my mind!? :)

I saw a close up pic yesterday of a 65 Delta 88 yesterday and the mirror looked identical.

But like you guys say who knows what mirror was installed by someone else as a matter of looks or preference?I do not even see a parts # on it.

But I wish there was a better way to narrow it down.

Thanks for replies,

I welcome even more info.

This forum is the best!

ronvb

Also... Dave, I noticed your car has mirrors on both sides. The driver's side mirror was optional on your car, and the passenger's side mirror was never available. I'm thinking maybe someone added mirrors after your car was purchased.

Paul

I added the right side mirror myself.

I would like to see a pic of what everyone here seems to agree is the "correct" 62 mirror? The phrase "vertical ridges" does not click with me when it comes to the mirror. I shall go to Fusick and see if it has a pic.