91 Buick Reatta

drmimiky

My 91 Reatta was rear-ended last week, and had significant damage to the front and rear end. It has 143,500 miles on it, and is about to go to the junk yard. If any one is interested in it, you can have it. The doors are okay, as is the drivers front panel, the tires and passenger seat, dash, and most of the interior. If interested let me know. I am in Louisville, KY

Guest Richard D
My 91 Reatta was rear-ended last week, and had significant damage to the front and rear end. It has 143,500 miles on it, and is about to go to the junk yard. If any one is interested in it, you can have it. The doors are okay, as is the drivers front panel, the tires and passenger seat, dash, and most of the interior. If interested let me know. I am in Louisville, KY

Sorry to hear of your loss. Will insurance cover anything?

Best of Luck,

Richard

Guest craig hewitt

sell it in parts and buy another one Wheels alone 500.00 to 800.00 why give it away sorry for the guys that want it. but thats what make these car nice its worth putting in a rent a space for a couple months what color is important ive been looking for a grey door panel for about 2 years people will chime in on needs also!!!! just my 2 cents let people know colors Craig

Yo Craig! Some folks might just want to get a wrecked car out of their driveway, I can have it hauled away for him tomorrow and if that's what he wishes I will take it off his hands.

Selling parts involves a good deal of time and effort, usually shipping things across the country...and if they are damaged having to deal with the irate buyers. It can be quite a headache.

1991 Reatta wheels at the price you mention would have to be near immaculate! I would like to get ahold of some like that!

Guest craig hewitt

It is his choice you are totaly right what would you be doing with it in your driveway Reattadude just curious I hope you get it and share the wealth allot of guys here need a little help pushing there cars over the hump of drivers to weekend shows I didnt mean to step on toes just giving the guy heads up and not to be takin advanage of Yo Craig

EDIT - well first come first served I guess, ReattaRobert wins the car behind Door # 3

you all can ask him for parts. With front and rear end damage there isnt much left anyhow but whats in the middle. Probably not worth my time. My DAY to score parts galore will come, you'll see!

Edited by Reattatude (see edit history)

This has me worried, and I guess it was inevitable. The balance of Reatta's that are still on the road is starting to tilt towards clean (though not necessarily museum or show quality) units that the owners are trying to keep decent for the longer term. The daily beater/ratty cars that are likely to get junked just from being rough (and used as a source of parts) is diminishing in supply now and has likely already peaked (as a percentage of remaining units) so finding parts is only bound to get more difficult. This also means a lot of the Reatta's that are junked in the future will be ones that were damaged in a wreck, as there will be fewer intact cars that aren't worth trying to save. This will cause some to resist junking a car that may still be restorable instead of sending it to the yard.

I have been stockpiling things (unique interior/electrical parts, emblems, weatherstripping, tail lamps, glass and such) that I think I will need that will be difficult or impossible to find in usable condition in a few more years, except those too large for me to practically store (like body panels) but I have no storage for complete parts cars. Oh to have Jim Finn's acreage...

I guess the bottom line is if you have the space and the funds, get 'em while you can. I can already see the day where there will be bidding wars over parts that are currently considered generally available.

KDirk

This has me worried, and I guess it was inevitable. The balance of Reatta's that are still on the road is starting to tilt towards clean (though not necessarily museum or show quality) units that the owners are trying to keep decent for the longer term. The daily beater/ratty cars that are likely to get junked just from being rough (and used as a source of parts) is diminishing in supply now and has likely already peaked (as a percentage of remaining units) so finding parts is only bound to get more difficult. This also means a lot of the Reatta's that are junked in the future will be ones that were damaged in a wreck, as there will be fewer intact cars that aren't worth trying to save. This will cause some to resist junking a car that may still be restorable instead of sending it to the yard.

I have been stockpiling things (unique interior/electrical parts, emblems, weatherstripping, tail lamps, glass and such) that I think I will need that will be difficult or impossible to find in usable condition in a few more years, except those too large for me to practically store (like body panels) but I have no storage for complete parts cars. Oh to have Jim Finn's acreage...

I guess the bottom line is if you have the space and the funds, get 'em while you can. I can already see the day where there will be bidding wars over parts that are currently considered generally available.

KDirk

Methinks you guys worry too much. :cool: Stay Cool.

Oh BTW - said wrecked car is still in Insurance Claim limbo. They are not sure what will happen to it.