40 LZ & CONTINENTAL HOT WATER

Mssr. Bwatoe

Hi gang, I need to correct my heater control..I have a hot water unit which is reversable, "indirect / direct ...The switch looks identical the the one pictured, except it turns on 2 ways....this one is correct for hot air heater ..It is in custom trim for 06h-76 or 56-57...or a zephyr with custom interior.. wanna trade anyone??

I believe postwar water heaters also have the indirect / direct option....any one...

.........hey phil..what do you think..look in your junk box

Well, no responses..I think most folks have that hot air heater, I believe Mr M in fla, with the 40 Brunn had that 2 direction style unit on his car..I hooked it up to power last night, with defrost tubes in place, no air..connections tight .....hmmmm SO I reversed the motor..and

BAM, I know realize the thing was meant, to operate by sucking air in from that pretty Zephyr scripted grill, not blow it out. I puts out decent amout of air, and will hold a paper to the grill from suction....The heat blows out the back, and naturall delflects off firewall, kinda like a modern car > heat out low..and defrosts now blow out.. You fellas with unmolested cars to work with have it good..mine was a reject from several restorers, that lost stuff along the way..little details make a big diff..

jb

Hi Jeff. I have a 41 Zephyr that came with the hot air heater, but am changing to the hot water heater. I am nearly certain that switch is the same as used in postwar Fords with hot water heaters. Different knob for the Lincoln is the only difference.

• 3 months later...

OK look at this fellas.. answered a couple questions..i need a tag like this..

hey Murph, remember when I asked you about this..heater is designed to suck air through ft

blow up and out the back toward firewall....the defrosters work in this position

(borrowed from ebay)

Jeff: Brunn has 4 position switch (DEF F-S Heat F-S) under left side of dash. Brunn in barn has the same 4 position switch AND a 2 position switch (HI LO Off) with "HEATER" Spelled out below OFF. All three switch knobs are dome shaped. I believe your illustration is for the 41 thru 46 models due to "S" on face of flat headed knob. I have source for all three rare dome shaped knobs.