'34 Packard Mystery Pic...

TG57Roadmaster

There's no mystery as to what the car is, a '34 Eight Series 1101, Model 719 Coupe Roadster. It's the Standard version, with single rear-mounted spare, versus the DeLuxe's dual sidemounts.

34_ecm_13a.jpg

Larger, click once after opening to enlarge.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has a clue to whom (or what) the "ECM 13" is, or why postcards would have been made of it, also in two other images. Taken in Vermont circa 1951, was ECM a long-ago collector?

Curious in Carolina,

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

Interesting picture and thanks for posting. I don't have the answer to your question but would guess the picture was taken, given the sealed beam conversion of the Solar headlamps, sometime after 1940. The paint and condition of the running boards evidence some wear and tear. The ECM may be the initials of the the owner of a collection of old photos?

Edited by Owen_Dyneto (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

My guess is that ECM is the photographer.

I talked to my dad about the photo. Dad was in Burlington from the mid to late fifties and remembers the car and the owner. He does not remember his name. The owners business was instruments and may have been from the northeast kingdom.

You may want to check with members of the Vermont Auto Enthusiasts. Someone in the club certainly knows.

Vintageride

Thanks Vride!

That narrows it down a bit; I figured an oldtimer would recall the car. Perhaps your Father

could pinpoint the locale from this photo. It's a park of some type, and in the background

are Tourist lodgings and Angelo's Ice Cream parlor...

34_autolitecm12x.jpg

Larger, click once after opening to enlarge.

34_autolitecm12crop.jpg

Larger

If it's Burlington, a search of city directories would have Angelo's listed,

so any further recollections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the V.A.E. tip, too...

TG