split windshield.

Dave Mellor NJ

Guest DeSoto Frank

One of the last would have been the Willys Utility Wagon or Truck, that finally went to a on-piece windshield in somewhere between '57 & '59.

I believe most US cars had one-piece windshields by 1953-'54.

Guest elmo39

my apolagys i thought you meant cars , if you really want to take it further i think? dodge and others were still using split screens on school bus,s and possibly other commercial applications after 69

Guest elmo39

dave whats not fair about using google , its no different to someone using there extensive library . i was alive and kicking about that time (born 1940) my first car was a 1930 model A in 1955 , my second was a 1938 Dodge a year later . perhaps its oldtimers disease, but without google or other help i dont think people memorys can be relied on to go back that far. you use the tools that are available at the time

Rex

Guest Joe G
what was the last year for a split windshield in an American vehicle?

Car: 1954 Henry J

Light Truck: 1969 Dodge A-series trucks

Heavy Truck: Current model Peterbilt and Mack trucks and most buses and RVs (and aircraft).

You gotta be more specific :D

FYO, I used Google TO CONFIRM what I knew, sorry to rain on your parade.:rolleyes:

I just thought I'd start a discussion,no fair using google,it's like using a calculator ,then you can't figure anything out without it. I was careful to word it as "american vehicle" meaning cars or trucks. I guessyou could count tractor-trailers or body builders.

I'm fairly new to this forum and I enjoy the wide ranging discussions.Just like in life,you should choose your words more carefully.I knew the answer but I thought some others might like to play trivia.there are some questions which are unanswerable without google or wikipedia,but I didn't think this was I'll know better next time