My Granddaughter and my Model T

1940_Buick

After 3 kids that really don't care about old cars, I think I've finally got a granddaughter that loves 'em! At least so far...

Madelynn is 2 years old and loves Grandpa's antique cars. She's always asking for rides or to go out and play in the cars. She has a couple of toy Model T's, but prefers the real thing :)

IMG_0331.jpg

You are blessed to have her so close. :) All of our four grandkids live out of state, two in Mass. (one of which is currently in Va. in college) and two in Idaho. No chance to share our love of the hobby with them. We did take our young friend Daniel for a ride in our 1974 Mercedes 450SL. I love the grin on his face. His daddy, the guy in the yellow t-shirt beside the car, owns a Grand National. :cool:

post-36313-143138186478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

I'm very fortunate they live so close to us.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for my father-in-law with a bunch of family at the house. I happend to glance into the living room... my granddaughter had found an issue of Hemmings Motor News, drug it up into my recliner, and was sitting there paging through it looking at car pictures. How cool is that? :)

I'm very fortunate they live so close to us.

Yesterday we had a birthday party for my father-in-law with a bunch of family at the house. I happend to glance into the living room... my granddaughter had found an issue of Hemmings Motor News, drug it up into my recliner, and was sitting there paging through it looking at car pictures. How cool is that? :)

That is cool beyond words. :cool: Did you manage to get a photo of her "reading" it?

After 3 kids that really don't care about old cars, I think I've finally got a granddaughter that loves 'em! At least so far...

Madelynn is 2 years old and loves Grandpa's antique cars. She's always asking for rides or to go out and play in the cars. She has a couple of toy Model T's, but prefers the real thing :)

IMG_0331.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Car looks a lot like my '22 Model T. What year is it?