1940 plymouth p-10 deluxe

Guest moparJeff

Guest moparJeff

ok all you mopar guys. I need some help here. This car currently has a camaro subframe (purchased it that way). Would like to take it back to original. What frames are the same and motor, or it is just specific to that year? Will any other ones fit? I had it for sale and now changed my mind and decided to keep it and try to bring it back to life (minus the camaro subframe) Any help will be appreciated! Anyone close by that would be interested in helping..the help will be returned if you need it!

About all you can do is look around for a 1940 parts car. But if you find one, chances are it will be better than the one you have.

In other words, your car is the parts car.

I don't say this to discourage you. If you want to find another 1940 here is a good place to start looking.

It's called Car Sale Mash

site mash : plymouth 1940s : combined classified and auction listings

This site shows a 1940 Plymouth on Ebay with an opening bid of $200. There is bound to be one to suit your purpose if you check this site regularly.

I think 37-38 are the same, 39-40 the same, 41-48 are the same. But even when they kept the same body they face lifted the car every year. Usually the frontal appearance and trim.

In other words, no a 41 is not the same as a 40. You should be able to see the difference in body shape if you look close, even in photographs.

Starks auto parts 7081 Germantown pike Dayton Ohio 45324 Ph 937-866-5032 If they tell you they dont have it tell them a very regular customer said they did,the 40 Dodge might be the better choice as its in a dry area as the 40 Plymouth is in a area that gets wet frequently. There is also a 41 plymouth in there too and I think you should be able to use up to a 48 as there is a 46-8 coupe in there and if you look at the roof line it looks just like a 40 or 41 and there are a few 46-8s in there too. If you decide to come over for a look let me know and I will show you where all of them are as I doubt anyone there will be able to,there is also a frame pile in the back lot but they are cut in half and might be able to get a front clip if you have the welding skills.

Edited by junkyardjeff
wanted to add something (see edit history)

Guest moparJeff

Thanks for the info. Will be a few weeks though till I venture out as my wife is having sugery this week and will be down for 3-4 weeks. I will be sure to let you know!! ( iwould guess close to the beginning of may if all goes well.) I will keep you posted!

• 1 month later...
Guest moparJeff

No I am taking the car to Chryslers at Carlisle and parting it out. Have given up on the 40 and spending my time fixing up my 50 Chrylser Windsor. Thanks for asking!

• 3 months later...
Guest BigD728
ok all you mopar guys. I need some help here. This car currently has a camaro subframe (purchased it that way). Would like to take it back to original. What frames are the same and motor, or it is just specific to that year? Will any other ones fit? I had it for sale and now changed my mind and decided to keep it and try to bring it back to life (minus the camaro subframe) Any help will be appreciated! Anyone close by that would be interested in helping..the help will be returned if you need it!

I have the frame and am looking to do what you have already so I will do a trade. I have motor and rear end no trans also.Phone 989-871-2825. Barry